ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 172 Instrument panel?

Hi ive got 140 on the clocks and not 160 and without the silver surround on my 2002 172 does anyone know why and also the trip computer doesnt work? Also will my need break if i went 140mph?

welcome mate , is it an import ?, you're needle wont break , as you're speed goes off the clock , it just stays in the same place , just wont move if you get my drift .

belated welcome to CS

definetly not an import rang someone renault today with the chassis number its some kind of export made in a different country for uk market has the alarm signal near the gearstick,wheel nuts, also will the clocks be accurate renault price was about £413 just for the 160 instrument panel.

Renault Clio 172
Hi, ive just bought a clio 172 in black 2002 plate... guess what... yep 140mph clocks with 7000rpm!!! Didnt notice due to my dad test drove the car as i had no insurance and to be honest i didnt notice til id arranged insurance and was driving it half way back home... was bought privately. Trip computer dont work and in the right hand corner of the dash a light eliminates for just a second when ignition is first turned on saying gas gaz in a 'cross format'. Weird. All paperwork shows mileage to be ok upto 60k with history stamps in book (last owner bought it in November 2009) car now has 80k on the clock which seems reasonable mileage for the time period. Basically how do i found out if mine is a import? Do i ring a local renault dealer? If i fit a 2nd hand clock unit i presume the mileage will change to whatever car it came off??? Any help appreciated.