ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 non-starter

Twingo Dynamique
Just been asked about a car that won't start, she evidently has no mechanical knowledge.

Aparently it won't start and she "knows that it's not the battery" she also says that "the alarm light is flashing" when she tries to turn it over.

Possible that it is the battery?? or a poor connection somewhere. but sounds to me like the immobiliser isnt getting deactivated...? :S

clio 172 phs 1
Just been asked about a car that won't start, she evidently has no mechanical knowledge.

Aparently it won't start and she "knows that it's not the battery" she also says that "the alarm light is flashing" when she tries to turn it over.

Possible that it is the battery?? or a poor connection somewhere. but sounds to me like the immobiliser isnt getting deactivated...? :S

You need to first confirm whether it's the alarm or immobiliser light that is flashing...... 2 separate systems

Clio MK2 (2001)
My key battery died and the car wouldn't start, this was on a 1.2 clio, the red light would flash quite fast, if she has the spare key try to see if it starts with that or replace the battery in the key... I think the battery cost me like £4 :)

172cup
Mine did do that when i got it turned out to be the relays needed clean and a bit of wd-40, but could be keys or key reader, Uch, crank sensor