ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 project

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
so bought my 200 on the 23rd of december and started modding straight away

pics of when i got it
18461_244281688180_731253180_341763.jpg

IMG_3013jbhjgh.jpg

then got the steering wheel trim
IMG_3015.jpg

then had snow
IMG_2833-1.jpg

gave it a well deserved clean
17373_432964845292_582855292_108252.jpg

to
IMG_3147.jpg

26506_10150103206240293_582855292_1.jpg

then had a scuff with a barrier
image.jpg

(gets fixed monday)

then came the chance to get a cage, so i went for it
IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

then on thursday the weather was amazing so went up to the cat and fiddle and had a three up and down runs, was extremely good fun to get the car on a good and really give it some stick
pics from the fiddle
IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

on monday the scuff gets fixed, the badges, door handles and bullets get sprayed black and then coilovers next month i think

opinions

lynden

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lovely car. Black on black ftw!

How did the barrier bump happen then?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
The back end went lite and I shat myself (rookie error) and clipped a barrier, could of been 10x worse

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well played going for the speedlines, as its a £150 option i dont understand why everyone doesnt just get it.

Cage isnt to my liking unless it were destined for sole track use.

Golf GTD Mk7
Looks good all black like that :approve: You don't hang around with the modding hey. Don't forget how picky renault are with their warrenty :mad:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh that's what alot of people say about the warrenty, I forgot to add I've fitted a k tech panel filter, which does naff all tbh :cool:

and the shocker is just show people that I'm up for a laugh, I don't take life seriously at all, you only live once :approve:

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
looking good mate.

looks so much better in the flesh than in photos

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Lovely car, I'd be sick if I'd scraped it :( It's getting sorted monday though like you said so :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
what is the sticker and where is it from? i like it

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
what is the sticker and where is it from? i like it
IT's a shocker sticker, 2 where she Menstruates 1 where she deficates

2 in the pink one in the stink

you get the idea lol and I don't know maybe kw V1s, are they any good?

500 Twinair
Depends how much you wanna spend, but to better what you've got on the 200 at the moment I would say KW V1/V2 or H&R's.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
EBay, all I'm worried a out with coilovers is that it's going to be super stiff and really uncomfortable on day to day driving, the cup chassis is very stiff as it is, will it get much worse?

GTD, Lupo
I had KWs on my Golf and the ride was around the same as my 200 (the 200 dampens a lot better). Only time coilovers get a little crap is if you dont get adjustable dampers and almost bottom them out, they tend to get a little bouncy.

Gorms

which cage is that? Is it a bolt through the floor item?

bolts to the chassis in front of bench and and two points in the rear, has the possibility of weld plates but save taking it out if needed lbrencg opted to just have the heavy duty bolting.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Went into the body shop today, I've got a 2001 reg ford fiesta 1.2 as a courtesy car, it handles like a boat, it's actually rather fun lol, will get pics on friday of the work I've had done

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
dont dare touch the suspension on this!

youd be crazy to

sure? i was thinking coilovers? but alot of people have been saying the 200 suspension is awesome as it is and i wont feel the differnce

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
sure? i was thinking coilovers? but alot of people have been saying the 200 suspension is awesome as it is and i wont feel the differnce

Tbh i think you d ruin the car on the road fitting coilovers, sure you may improve the look. But it will be stiffer etc which is not great for the road.

Im sure theres a set of a coilovers thats a compromise for road and track for the 200 but its exactly that a compromise. You could potentially ruin all the good work renault have done.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
How much is it costing to repair your damage? I've got similar damage on mine....

425 quid for

rear arch fixed, blended with door, reprayed bumper, badges and bullets done black

so its not that bad really oh and thats with a courtesy car thrown in aswell

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
got it back last week, will have pics up tomoro, new things on the car are:

scratch fixed like new
all badges and bullets matt black
orange LED lights inside (thanks naith and riad)
k tech catbon bonnet

next hopefully get a carbon rear splitter when streamline make one and leather recaros (will have to save for these though)

lynden

Swift Sport
Very nice mate :)

What was it like fitting the cage? Mines still sat in the garage, don't have the motivation to fit it atm lol.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I struggle to believe you need coilovers. I'm under the impression that the standard suspension set-up is excellent. You getting anywhere near those limits?