ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 ordered!!!

Went to see Richard in Crawley to have a drive and order, don't think I can wait 3 months now! Was a pleasure doing business and would recommend him to anyone thinking of buying a renaultsport.

The drive was awesome, felt different but then very similar to my old rb 182. The way it goes through corners is awesome, and exhaust note was brilliant from low down revs.

Final spec was:-

Clio 200 with cup chassis
Glacier White
Recaros
Black speedlines
Cup spoiler

Bring on November.............hopefully!

Stan

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Was one behind me today (but minus speed lines) looked facking awesome and soo much bigger then my mk2

Mini Cooper S sport
Nice spec - and a pretty good early Christmas present for you :)

How much did it set you back?

I think it could well be the best christmas present ever!

I forgot to add that I went for extra tinted windows, it should look the nuts, got renaultsport mats thrown in too!

Liquid yellow, I'll send you a pm

Stan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think it could well be the best christmas present ever!

I forgot to add that I went for extra tinted windows, it should look the nuts, got renaultsport mats thrown in too!

Liquid yellow, I'll send you a pm

Stan

Richard, I'm assuming we'll all get Renaultsport mats thrown in too?? ;)

Nissan 350z
Im hoping thats the case Daniel lol. Im sure Richard1 will regret him letting that slip haha

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Thanks Stan!!

Folks, I do of course appreciate the business - and any RS ordered through me will have RS mats included

Rich

:)

I'm sorry I let that slip!

Can't wait to pick it up!

Had real trouble with picking the colour, especially when I saw the racing blue one with almost the same spec at the dealership. Reminded me of my 182 days.

White with the black should look the business though.

Stan

Silver 182
There is a full spec 200 white in southend, cup packs, windon tints, proper RS stickers.. Stan it looks amazing, head turner!

congrats

Silver 182
All black! with stage 3 exhaust system !

Had a complaint from the lovely folks across the road already about then engine start every morning at 5-30.. Its a shame that southend council has no powers to deal with car exhausts... only loud music ;)

cars.jpg

All black! with stage 3 exhaust system !

Had a complaint from the lovely folks across the road already about then engine start every morning at 5-30.. Its a shame that southend council has no powers to deal with car exhausts... only loud music ;)

View attachment 43208

Hahahahahahaha gotta love the neighbours , glad to hear they can't do jack about it on the council front , just tell the neighbours it's a free wake up call , it beats the clock alarm for sure ..... ......LOL

Silver 182
Haha well i dont see what the problem really is! It has a cute little red start button that pops the revs up and drops straight away.. which makes the big initial noise and 2 sec later its replaced by a mild purr(although i walked the dog once and i could hear the car "purring" 3 blocks away across the park :))))

Dad had a subaru impreza 55 with prodrive pack.. 310 bhp and exhaust size of my head lol.. now that thing made alot more noise.. and yet they complained only now after 5 years of listening to the subaru start every morning!!!

Anyway,
Well i havent drove the exige that much.. only get to drive it about once-twice a week and around the track for a day as its my dads and he goes to work in it :D We had it for 4 and half weeks now.

Had to do a 3 point turn once.. which in the van would be - 3 point turn.. in my clio that becomes a 5 point quicke turn.. in that thing it becomes 7-9 and you start s**tting yourself because you can see nothing out of the back window because the supercharge has taken space of the intercooler.. which now sits top of the engine exactly across the back window.. and mirrors.. well i honestly think mirrors are there because the law says the car gotta have mirrors.. apart from that you see a bit of the road to each side.. you cannot see the wheels when you park.. its even harder to get out of than the 135 elise we had before this as the door cage/panel next to the door or whatever that thing is is slightly higher the cabin is tigher but on a track it really does make you sit still which is convinient!

The boot now is deeper and slightly wider.. but the hatch is smaller!!! On a trip to france we managed to fit in 52bottles of wine in the boot!

Hmm what else inconviniet but amusing... the tyres last 5-6k, ohh compare to elise.. exige s has rev counter upto 10k. I think the 260 cup version revs all the way to 10k but ours is limited to 9k (aparently supposed to be limited to 8k? ) First 3 thousand of rpms are simply stuck together 123 :D than it goes 4 5 6 etc! But when you start from cold it is limited to 5 and a half rpm.. which is silly as the first 3k are stuck together :D

But man when its all hot and nice.. sticks to the road like nothing else! And the noise! oh man the noise that thing makes after 6k rpm is sooooo good! Its just crazy to think the engine is still 1.8!!

Its very very very fast too! BUT I would never forget the sheer brutality of a subaru! Maybe because its a fairly big car.. with a huge scoop at the front and a 4 wheel drive. The exige makes that feeling go away.. its probably even just as quick having but you can do over 100 in exige and the only thing that reminds you of the speed is the noise from the exhausts)

Sorry about the badly structured essay, was just writing stuff down as the feeling were flowing through ;) Hope it gave you some sort of an idea!

Last edited:
I'll just have to put up with the Clio for now!

Exige s' are awesome though, would love to have a go.

Looks as though the 200 will be delivered 1st week of November!

Stan

Da, that looks amazing!

Have you got the extra tinted windows, just so I know if that's how it looks?

I'm literally counting down the days!

Is there a running in period? 1st 1500 miles?

Stan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Screw running it in. I'm giving mine death from day one.

Congrats on the new purchase. If it takes half as long as mine I feel sorry for you. It seems like years ago I ordered mine! lol.

Hello mate,

Richard said that you did a telephone order for yours, I reckon storm grey will look awesome.

When is yours due? Black roof, black speedlines?

Stan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got a cup so Black roof wasn't an option. Thankfully my mate wraps cars for a living so the roof will be done the same day I get it!

I had a 200 Cup, storm grey, black speedlines. I will add a black roof, HID's and a headunit and door speakers.

I think mines due middle of october. From memory I ordered it in about feb.... (Feel like that anyway! lol)

Da

Less
Running in is officially 625 miles, very precise I know!

Mine doesn't have the rear tints nope, personally I think the amout Renault charge for them is extortionate and couldn't justify it.

I think mines due middle of october. From memory I ordered it in about feb.... (Feel like that anyway! lol)

When did you actually order the car then? I think 3 months in the general waiting time at the moment.

Or is yours delayed because of the change of engines and the run out of grey paint!

Stan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When did you actually order the car then? I think 3 months in the general waiting time at the moment.

Or is yours delayed because of the change of engines and the run out of grey paint!

Stan

I ordered it just before the summer factory shutdown. So that was 4 weeks of nothing before they actually received my order!

Bloody cheese eating wine drinking lay abouts! lol.

I've looked on the renaultsport.co.uk forum(which isn't a patch on cliosport!) and there's people on there who are going to cancel because they have had to wait a couple of weeks more than they had hoped.

They obviously don't want it that much.

Did you go for recaros? Can you change your order over to ultra red or are you happy with storm grey?

Stan

Da

Less
The people that are talking of cancelling their orders can't without losing thier deposits so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
If you read the small print on the order you will see that RUK actually have 28days AFTER the estimated date of delivery to provide you with a car. Only after that timeline has expired do you have any grounds for cancellation.

Certain options can be changed, it depends on the builds progress along the line.

I went for the Recaro's and I added cornering headlights after the build had begun.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've looked on the renaultsport.co.uk forum(which isn't a patch on cliosport!) and there's people on there who are going to cancel because they have had to wait a couple of weeks more than they had hoped.

They obviously don't want it that much.

Did you go for recaros? Can you change your order over to ultra red or are you happy with storm grey?

Stan

I stuck with grey, purely for uniqeness. When I ordered my Audi, nobody had a white car. Now every c**t and their dog has one I want something different. (No offence intended)

I would have liked red, but its a s**t to keep it looking spanking. When they're dirty they don't look special enough.

And I can't have recaros as I will have a child seat in the front and Recaros don't have Isofix.

I wasn't sure about the cornering lights,are they much of a benefit?

I hope mine doesn't take a month longer than expected, it's too long already.

Not many people are going for storm grey so will definitely be unique.

I think white will be a nightmare to keep clean too!

Stan

Da

Less
Cornering lights are definitely worth it in my eyes. Much more of an improved look at the front end.

Also, you don't get passenger airbag deactivation with Recaro's. Not sure why though?

I think I got to the end of speccing the car up and preferred the tinted windows to the lights, will probably change my mind and see if I can add them.

Do you think they will bring out a R27 F1 version of the 200? I know they've brought out the gordini but I wouldn't say that it's like for like.

Hope they do because I can change into that at the end of my 2 year pcp!

Stan

Da

Less
No I doubt it, the new RS Clio is scheduled for 2012 I believe and I doubt they'll revise it before then.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Screw running it in. I'm giving mine death from day one.

Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me? Isn't this restriction put in place to give all the components of the engine a chance to gradually get worn in?

Da

Less
Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me? Isn't this restriction put in place to give all the components of the engine a chance to gradually get worn in?

Generally yes, but it's debateable over whether it actually serves any purpose.

My dealer told me to 'give it hell' and get everything working hard and upto temp as quickly as possible!

The official advice in the manual is a 3.5K limit for 625 miles.

AK

M240i

He's only got it for 2 years anyway lol. Let someone else worry about that haha

I know that when I get it I will keep it under 3.5k for 625miles now I've heard this.

Then I'll give it the beans everywhere!