ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 miles, Yokahomas and Sunny day...

This last fortnight i have been identifying everything that annoyed me about my car, for starters because these wheels were not made for this car, i have had to space them off the calipers at the back so they didnt catch.

This was fine until i took a passenger then at every large bump it was rubbing the rear tyre wall slightly, enough to remove the writing from both rear tyres over a period of 2 months or so. I decided to have to rear arches rolled to allow the clearence. When my bodyshop had a go for me the metal is too tough nearer the top of the lip and the couldnt roll more than a quarter.

Drastic measures meant taking an angle grinder to my arches, ive had the lips cut off by a very nervous but talented Andy from a bodyshop near work. This was done with the utter most care and you cant even see wheres hes cut, the job was a success and the edge was given a small coat of pearl black via a brush. I am having both sides painted as well as the bonnet when i give it a little makeover but thats another story.

So having found out Yokohoma have replaced the A539s with an S Drive varient, i needed to find somewhere who still had some A539s in stock, luckily Tweeks had some left. These dont have a rim protector so look slightly stretched on a la Euro Look. I also had all the camber done, and 4 wheel alignment, all set up superbly by a nice chap. I enjoyed the drive home inmensly, so much better now, ive never had this done properly since i fitted the coilovers, however now its a real go cart with no rubbing, im happy.

Just added 5mm Eibach spacers all round and give it some tyre shine on me new boots.

thanks for reading my story.

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00823.JPG

Last edited:
  MK2 PH2 & E46 330
get an exhaust coming out the centre at the back. ( )( )

would look awesome! good example is that foreign guy that posts on here sometimes with the silver euro clio

would look awesome! good example is that foreign guy that posts on here sometimes with the silver euro clio

Williams Silver clio is nice. I had a side exit on this, it became too loud really, i was sick of looking like a boy racer. Ive got a standard stealth system on now so its hidden. I can also here the BMC filter better.

Theres only so much droning you can take believe me.

172 cup'd extreme
You should have trimmed the rear calipers, i had to do this as my toora's catch the calipers.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
not bad for an old bus. ;)

stunning as always fella, keep up the good work!

...you should come to the Delemere meet tonight, not seen you since FCS

Mk4 .:R32
Looks like you need to clean the polish off your plastic strip on your bumper. other than that it looks sweet.

car hasnt been properly cleaned for a while, this thread isnt in the Detailing section ;)

I got the A539s for the looks more than the performance tbh, they dont have a rim protector on so look more stretched, which is nice.

Thanks for the kind comments tho :)

Last edited:
not bad for an old bus. ;)

stunning as always fella, keep up the good work!

...you should come to the Delemere meet tonight, not seen you since FCS

Chris ive got the night planned already, im off to see an old friend and have a BBQ and a few drinks to catch up, otherwise i would have done.

Ill come to some more when its nearly done...

Chocolate Bar™
awesome, one of the only cars i've seen which actually looks better in the flesh than in the pics

Mustang, S13, AX GT

Williams Silver clio is nice. I had a side exit on this, it became too loud really, i was sick of looking like a boy racer. Ive got a standard stealth system on now so its hidden. I can also here the BMC filter better.

Theres only so much droning you can take believe me.
no way! the side exit was cool :cool:

ive still got it Kneel... might sell it or fit it back on. unsure yet, atm its too loud to use daily for me as i live on a cul de sac.