ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 "kangaroos" alot

RB 200
Don't know if it's just me but sometimes when I pull away it's really jumpy as if it's hopping along the road?

Doesn't happen to often.. Is it just me getting used to a more powerful car or is there a fault??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup, they all suffer to a degree, 197's tend to be more savage. I find better fuel helps (v power etc)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, it's a mapping issue apparently. They're terrible from cold especially.

Our 133 does it really badly when it's cold. So much so that I actually let it idle for a minute of two before moving off. lol.

Golf 7R
It happened on my 197 and 200. It was better when warmed up properly, but still far from perfect. A few close/dangerous moments when pulling out of roundabouts early morning on the way to work.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Personally i think there is a glitch in the programming somewhere (which they cant find), as it can also happen when fully warm

Something Not French
To be controversial, my 200 never once did it in 8miles. Drove it in -13c as well.

My biggest gripe was the clutch, could never quite gauge it consistently. I swear the bite point would change overnight! (from stop I hasten to add.)

Oh, and quick 2nd - 3rd gear changes. Crunch.

Miss it a lot tbh.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mines fine too. Knew of the issue, have always been prepared for it, but not once in 6k miles since early December have I ever had the problem.

Don't even let mine warm up, park ready to go so just start it up and drive off.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I find it more noticeable when stuck in traffic, when your crawling along. Does it every time from cold though, just leave it a bit to warm up and its all good :)

Rusty Cup
The first 2k i did in my 200 it lurched about so much i thought there was a problem with it. With 3k on the clock its noticeably better but i think if it was Rstuner'd it would be alot better.

clio
Normal. I think its mapped to meet emission regs which is why a remap gets rid. If you give it more revs and use the clutch to control it stops it. Look like a granny tho

RB 200
:O is that Adam?????? Your still alive!! And nope haha I was tired most mornings after sleeping on a horrible air bed in a tiny tent .... How do I fix it?

:O is that Adam?????? Your still alive!! And nope haha I was tired most mornings after sleeping on a horrible air bed in a tiny tent .... How do I fix it?

Haha I'm alive yer. Hoping to come up soon.

I haven't, I just live with it. Hoping a re-map will sort it out eventually.