ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 gearbox

Ly Cliosport 200
Just spoke to Renault costumer services about the crunch going into 3rd all the time and to get it booked it. I was telling him it's seems to be a common problem seeing other members have had the same problem with the gearboxes.. He said that's the first av heard of problems with them! Really is it just me then that's phoned about it??

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke to Renault costumer services about the crunch going into 3rd all the time and to get it booked it. I was telling him it's seems to be a common problem seeing other members have had the same problem with the gearboxes.. He said that's the first av heard of problems with them! Really is it just me then that's phoned about it??

Lol love customer services that bare face lie to enthusiast owners! Its a very well known problem across most RS forums, have you sent a PM to somebody over on Renaultsport.co.uk forum? Somebody like Jeremy or Luke will get you case looked into a lot better..

Ly Cliosport 200
Yea I sent a message to Jeremy on renaultsport forum yesterday. He hasn't got back to me yet.. I was hoping to get some advice.. Is Luke on this forum?

Ah yes...Renault UK...the same people that told me there is no such thing as the RenaultSport forum and I am making it up lolz.

Ly Cliosport 200
Ok cheers for the reply. Will keep updated on what happens.. If its still under the 3 year warranty it should get replaced yea? Av had the car over two years done 18500. Just the guy Costomer services said if u have had the car over two years you have to contribute to a new gearbox if it needs one! Nearly laughed!

Ly Cliosport 200
Holy s**t that's alot of people with having there gearboxes replaced.. Thanks for the link will keep all this just to make sure..

I sent an email off about mine last week, I've got the original box and I've had the 2nd to 3rd gear issue develop over the last month. Waiting to hear back, but that thread is going to come in handy I feel, already got a lot of ammo from it ready.

Ly Cliosport 200
Adam how much miles you done in yours?

Was reading the thread in the other forum. Does it help using a different oil for the gearbox? Helps it last longer?