ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Cup rear interior parts weights

Clio 200 Cup
I just stripped the back of my Clio 200 low fat cup, only taking out those parts that can easily be replaced.
It takes about 15 minutes to remove/put back all parts.
For those interested, here's how much weight I saved:

rear bench : 4.6kg
rear seat back + accessories: 13kg
toolkit: 1.8kg
boot carpet: 1.2kg
parcel shelf: 1.2kg

grand total: 21.8 kg saved!
conclusion: probably not worth the effort

clio200_strpped_rear.jpg

Erwin

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There's plenty more to come out there ;)

I think stripping the back of the Mk2 Clio is a better total due to the ISOfix bar and the spare wheel/toolkit (182's not applicable obviously!).

Good effort anyway, and well done for documenting it !

Renault clio sport
Hey Erwin, funny, but I tried the exact same thing with mine.
It is normal that there is so little weight to gain, afterall the seats are pretty basic and made out of light plastic.
I was convinced saving at least 50kg, but like you illustrated its only half.

Now, if you want cheap performance wins, I suggest (and thats what I also did) is to go "PTP1".
For the reno this is really cheap and easy to perform. Basically this means putting in a sharp (and I mean bleeding sharp) camshaft.
It should be easy to find one with 4-3-5 timings. Installing takes normally about 15minutes. This should give you +80hp.
Next I also opted for a bigger turbo, like the garet xk20 (also found on the evo), depending on the turbo pressure it will give you around 100hp extra. The reno block can get something between 20 and 30psi.
Installing I also did myself, it goes between the air intake and the exhaust.
Finally, I also opted for yellow konis. They are good for 40hp gains (remember the black ones only gain like 20hp)

This costed me around $2k, and a couple of hours to install.
Result: a gain of 240hp! (on paper, I still need to go for a bench roll). This makes much more sense then to strip the entire car if you ask me

Renault clio sport
About the fact that it is hard to loose 'easy' weight with this model.
Maybe its possible but then the performance options I described will be easier and cheaper
(also, think about the change in dynamics when changing the weight drasticly, this means the JMS and stuff should be adjusted as well)

350z, Subaru Legacy
Haha, hilarious.

Btw stripping cars... well it's hard to stop lol. Quit while you're ahead!

Renault clio sport
WOW!!! So you have a 440bhp Clio? Hero.

Like I said, that is on paper. In reality it will probably be less.
On the other side, the camshaft can still be made sharper, so it might encompass other components not living up to their expactations (such as the yellow konis)

Clio 200 Cup
Can one of the administrators please kill mister JohnMittak and his non-sense posts. Sigh...

BG 182 FF
JohnMikttak : Any rolling road print out then ? Also would like you to make the camshaft as 'sharp' as possible and then see what bhp you get? around 500bhp no?

Clio 200 Cup
@ben_r1: I'm not sure what you mean with "the ISOFIX" (do you have pic?), but the stuff that I listed is the only stuff that I took out.

Maybe the low-fat cup back seat doesn't have ISOFIX support?

200 Cup
Wow - great post! I am bored and frustrated waiting for my one to be delivered (13 week lead time!), and can't help myself thinking about mod's like this. Loved your conclusion...thanks!