ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 brembos

RS Clio 200
Anyone know how good the brembos on a 200 should be? My brake pedal is going solid when heavy braking and the car doesn't really do the whole slow down there's a roundabout ahead very well, presume they just need bled or something cause the brakes on my Gt are much sharper but surely the brembos should be even better? Cheers!

RS Clio 200
Will pull the pads out tomorrow and take it from there. It's honestly terrible, feels like I'm not going to stop lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Seized pads/pins as mentioned

they should be stripped once a year IMO.

RS Clio 200
Just bought the car on Friday and have 60 days warranty, think it's worth putting it into the dealer to get done or just do it myself?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It's easy enough IF the pins aren't seized in. If they are they are, they are a t**t to remove, sometimes they need to be cut out, and a new set bought. Not cheap either (circa £60 ish iirc)

RS Clio 200
Will have a look and if they don't budge they can go back to the dealer but it's a bit of a hassle giving them it lol cheers for the info!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
^ yes they'll fit yours as the RS Meganes use the same Brembo caliper mate . You would want the ones for the 225/230 bhp model Meganes from that link

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The inner pads may just need filing a bit , so see if that cures it before buying anything

The pins can be reused (if they come out ok)

Also as its under warranty , you may want to let the garage do it. If it does need new pins etc and you've been tinkering I doubt they'll want to pay for any new ones .

RS Clio 200
Think I'm going to call the garage tomorrow and get them to sort it mate, saves me the time and money (if I do need new pins/pads) definitely worth keeping that link handy though as when the time comes to change the discs/pads I will probably just stick the stainless pins in aswell to save hassle in the future so cheers for the link!