ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20 Year Olds with Sports

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm probably paying less than any other 19/20 year old on a CS.

I don't want to mention the price since it was a special deal for helping out the company in the past, all i'll say is shop around, 3 companies to bare in mind are flux (use the online quote request form for cheaper quotes), brentacre and chris knott. In fact flux came within £50 of my cheapest quote ;)

CLIO PH1 172
im 20, 3 yrs driving, 3 points just got a ph1 172 and pay £1000 fully comp on my own with direct line

DB.

BMW 440i
Im 19 with my RB 182 FF, At 20 with 3 years NCB *Hopefully* ill be paying around £1700ish.

Atm i paid £1200 for my 1.4 206 for 12 months, then gave the insurance another few hundred for the remainding 5 months.

182+1.5DCI+S2000
Wish mine was as low as that :( gona have to pay €2282 for mine

asked over like 40 insurers.

21, 1ncb

99% of them said no right away... even with me as a named driver and the main driver over 50 with over 12 years ncb. thats spain for you ;)

Clio 182
I just turned 20 when i brought my 182. Big money to insure though as i had no NCB but after the 1st year it dropped by 50 per cent

BMW E92/Audi S3
when I was 20 with my rs 172, I was paying £1600. Now I'm 21 with a megane sport paying £1700

172 Cup
Currently paying £1100 FC and i'm 20, 2years NCB and 3yrs driving with Admiral.

Adrian Flux couldn't touch my quote.

Clio 182
I'm 21, got 3 years NCB, fully comp and I pay £750 (It was £650 but I put my dad on the policy and it took it up by £100! lol)

I got a quote from Adrian FLux and it was around £1300! I laughed. :dapprove:

tiTTy & SV650
I've never paid more than £770 for insurance! Currently paying less than £1000 for 3 insurance policies lol

BMW M135I
I dont get it, I just did a quote online with Adrian Flux.....

£2800 ??? :O

even though other people have good quotes with them, it all comes down to addresses and where you live etc aswell, they want 2300 from me this year but i have had 3 non fault claims which affects me bad even though none have been my fault.

im 20 aswell and so far best ive had is 1900 with brentcare and without adding an additinal driver yet but you get unlimited cosmetic mods with that and a limit of 182 bhp on a 172

What I dont understand with the quote i got earlier aswell was when I took into account other quotes ive had:

- Totally standard 1.2 2003 Clio = £490 fully comp
- Modified 1.2 Clio = £1100ish fully comp
- Standard 2.0 Clio = 2800????

I would have thought it would have been around the area of the modified 1.2.. I hate insurance companies

JB

RB 182 Cup
20. Insurance is due for a renewal next month. Down from 2.6k to 2.2k (1 years NCB, Clio my first car) :dapprove:

The funniest thing was when I foolishly told them I was working as a waiter at a hotel as well as College and was charged an extra £295! The reason was, and I quote directly from the lovely lady at the call centre "A guest could get food sickness, see me walking to my car, pick up a brick and throw it through my windscreen".

Insurance companies are f**kers.

R26
20 years old, 3 NCB..............£800 fully comp with Admiral on '04 182

Did a quote for when I hit 21 with 4 NCB.....£400 :p

Dynamique Flamer
My mate is 19 at uni and insured on a trophy I know his dad is on his INS which probably brought the price down. It is also kept locked up in a garage in a very safe neighbourhood which will also help. He is with admiral I don't know how much he pays though. I am dreading my renewel on a 1.2 INS sucks :(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
f**k me some of you get arse raped for insurance. Do you all live in basra?

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
21 3year NCB, 2 bumps, one at fault one not.
2lt conversion,coils, lights, seats, body-work, alloys, brakes, zaust......
£900 Flux :) and £80 is brake down cover.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Thats what im thinking... I think the most I would want to pay is £1500

When i was 20 (last year) i was paying £800 fully come to insure a Z3M Roadster. Sack paying over £1k for a sodding clio.

LY 200
^I would say around a k is about right to be honest!

When i was 19/20 i was paying around that on a 16v that was garaged, limited milage for leasure purposes only and in a safe area and that was 4/5 years back - A lad i know just up road whos 21/22 said to me recently he was quoted £2500 on his cup although i believe he managed to get it down abit!

And by the way waitey not every '20 year olds' gonna have between 15 and 20k to splash on ZM3's and TVR's so the Clio isnt a bad alternative to be quite frank. ;)

LY 200
I remember looking at them a while back (admitedly the coupes) and good ones were up for between 12 and 15k.

Regardless the BM is still a different car and theres only gonna be a select few that'll pay even 8k for a 10 year old plus straight line weapon.

I'm currently going through the same process. Best quote so far is my renewal with Bell - £775 1 year ncb, 182, aged 23 and parked outside!

JB

RB 182 Cup
Just went on a comparison website to get some quotes. £1.3k being the cheapest, and to think Kwik Fit wanted over 2 grand. They've just lost my business.