ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Reason's not to put carbon pillar covers on

Za**** & Xr250R
I was after some of those aswell mate i thought it would be a good idea to prevent scratches on the pillar i think i will just be more carefull for now on lol

182cup/D40/Hornet
Black s**t was a nightmare but what you can't see really is the glue residue which was the same shape as the cover,atleast no fucker could have nicked them lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What did you use to get the adhesive off ? Autoglym intensive tar remover would have shifted that easy i would have thought , it eats through adhesive with ease .

182cup/D40/Hornet
I was after some of those aswell mate i thought it would be a good idea to prevent scratches on the pillar i think i will just be more carefull for now on lol

Looked tip top when I first got them imo,but after 6 months-a year the water got into the carbo causing them to go white/water marked so i was rubbing them down with d all the time to get the water out.When it rained after doing this is left oil streaks down the side of the motor:(

Left it so long as I wasn't looking forward to whipping them off,mo diven't get them mate,total mare to get off

182cup/D40/Hornet
What did you use to get the adhesive off ? Autoglym intensive tar remover would have shifted that easy i would have thought , it eats through adhesive with ease .

Tried tar remover= no good
Petrol=no good
UPVC solvent cleaner=good(but not for paintwork I bet!)

Za**** & Xr250R
Looked tip top when I first got them imo,but after 6 months-a year the water got into the carbo causing them to go white/water marked so i was rubbing them down with d all the time to get the water out.When it rained after doing this is left oil streaks down the side of the motor:(

Left it so long as I wasn't looking forward to whipping them off,mo diven't get them mate,total mare to get off

Cheer's mate, i think i will pass on getting them it's not as if they're cheap either £58 delivered lol

182cup/D40/Hornet
UPVC Solvent cleaner and a credit card!
Abit milky/cloudy in places but abit t-cut and polish should sort it out