ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 or 4?

Artic Blue Clio 182
I am just about to upgrade my headunit and speakers in my 182...

Question is...should I upgrade just the fronts and then not use the back (std) ones or go for 4 new speakers...would there be a lot of diff?

What do people normally go for?

Thanks

screw the passengers lol. Ideal set-up is:

Uprated headunit
Two Channel Amp
Uprated components in the front only and rears disconnected
Sub with amp

Properly setup this will give you the best sound quality and best soundstage.

Artic Blue Clio 182
Wouldnt think those pioneers would be much better than standard. Would looka t trying to get hold of some proper components. Maybe look at some discontinued/sale stocks?

Artic Blue Clio 182
I suppose I could try these speakers for now and see how they sound, and if I want better I can move these to the back and buy some components for the front...

they would be a lot better. Components, as the name suggests, come in components. The tweeter and mid/bass is seperate and go into the original locations. They are generally better quality units aswell.

Artic Blue Clio 182
How would I fit components in my clio?
Is it a difficult job or pretty straightforward?

where would you mount the crossovers?

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Do buy a small amp for the speakers to connect to. Doesn't have to be that much, just a simple 4 channel amp that can deliver 4x50w RMS is enough.

Make sure the HU has the ability to connect to an amp (4 channels), ask in the shop!

And buy speakers from the same manufacturer and from the same series.

why 4 channel? he only needs to amp the fronts. Also, buy HU, AMP and Speakers from the same manufacturer/series?? HU and Amp maybe, but a lot of electronics guys make s**t speakers. Clarion are one of the exceptions on this from my experience, but there electronics arent as good as some others.

Clio & Mitsu ASX
4 channel to amp the front and rear speakers, they don't cost that much more and well worth it.

Only the speakers have to be from the same manufacturer and same series.
HU can be from Pioneer/Sony/Alpine... and amp from JL/JBL/RFF/whatever.

In the polo I had everything JBL, now for the Clio I have a set of Hertz front and rear speakers on the side, and a jbl sub. And that'll be powered by a 6 channel jbl amp and a pioneer HU

its not worth it, as in a good quality set up you only run the fronts and a sub. Speakers dont have to be from the same series as the HU and I would STRONGLY recomend in most cases that you dont uase them the same. As I said a lot of the manufacturers that make GOOD HU and Amps make poor speakers. Esecially at the budget end.