ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 different alarm problems

1.6 16v clio priv
Ok firstly my alarm buzzes for about a min after locking the car. I have already found out that its the boot open sensor. The boot light is staying on. Would love some advice on fixing/changing the sensor. This has been happening for about 3 months its more annoying than anything but I'd like to fix it.

Right the main point Pulled up tonight and as soon as the alarm sets it goes off. the light flashes 3 times so its the ultrasonics but the question is what do I do about it. Money is tight and its out of warranty so its gonna have to be a self fit. I'm good with electrics but have no experience with alarms

1.6 16v clio priv
My dad took the battery off and it seems to have cured it for now. Would still like some advice on fixing it for when it goes again

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If your boot light switch is making contact all the time, that will set the alarm off as soon as you set it.

I cant remember if the boot switch on your car is separate, or incorporated in the lock latch. What year is the car ?

If its what is known as a "pin switch" simply removing it will stop the alarm playing up until you can get a replacement.

If its in the lock, you will have to disconnect the wire till you can fix the microswitch inside the latch.

Can you see a pin switch ?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The switch is either in the lock or its a mercury switch inside the tailgate.
I will have a look on the diologys for you.

1.6 16v clio priv
Right have just been and removes the boot switch plug. No change the boot light is still on and dashboard says its open.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Then you might find you have a faulty switch on the bonnet as the monkeys that fit these alarms for Renault, hook them together.

They may have even hooked up all the doors,boot, bonnet to the same trigger on the alarm.

Check the bonnet first...........

clio 172
What alarm have you got mate? Is it the standard cobra one fitted by renault?

I fit car security, trackers etc for a living so should be able to sort this one for you.

Clio 172 sport
Bad mistake there mr mulgrew Brian knows what he is doing with alarms i had the same problem and he fixed it for me in 20 mins.

ooohh...please help!! i think i have go the same problem. Iv got an 02 1.2 16v dynamique, and basically the light on the dashboard sais that a door is constantly open, and also when i lock the car, it beeps for over a minute!!the alarm is still activated, but the beeping is very annoying!