ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-2 +1 = R26

the 182 is nearly three years old so was off for its MOT today. got mate from work to follow me (in his 182) to the garage to collect me. stopped at lights with him behind and see an ambulance (mini-bus style) coming way too quick (pi55ing it down) and fly into the back of him pushing him into me :(

neither looked too bad at first but when i tried to set off realised the bumper was pressed firm up against the back wheels and the boot wasn't sitting right. boot won't stay shut so car won't lock. the boot lid doesn't have any damage so suspect floor and catch have shifted forward.

his, being in the middle, is much worse. back end is a right mess. rippled all through the boot floor. front is also plenty smashed in. funny bit is how my exhaust has gone right through front mesh hitting the radiator. also left my exhaust looking ok but sticking out a long way past the reduced length bumper :)

mine might see the light of day but his won't be. nobody injured too badly. though, got a splitting headache due to rubbish headrest in clio - felt like a whack from Hatton!

both taken away before could get any pics. got a mini cooper being dropped off in the morning to keep me going until my R26 lux turns up in a few weeks - hopefully. now i'm even more excited about it! just wish i'd got chance to give the 182 a proper send off over the pennines

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky fella. Your mate must be well gutted.

Did the ambulance have his blues 'n 2s on or was he just going quickly for the sake of it?

The Bus and MRT
Unlucky mate, but on the other hand very lucky you didn't already have the T26 ;) Very jealous by the way. I'd love an R26 but they're just out of budget for my next car

yeah, everyone's ok. both 182s are lease cars so got a company handling the claim. they sorted everything out. picked up the clio and rather than the courtesy car from the garage, they hired a mini cooper (not too bad actually) and sending me to docs for check up ;)

guy was on his way to jimmys hosp. nobody in the back, thank god!

i want my new car - now!!!!!