ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 conversion or ... ? and what parts will i need?

ok ive been planning the 2.0 conversion on my car.

a friend of mine will do it for me as long as i get all the parts

so first question is what will i need.?

2.0engine , gearbox and ecu ?

anything else?

secodn question is talking to the guy.. he has just fitted a drag racer turbo to his honda civic vti ..

running silly power and says to me, to simply bore the 1.4 out and rebuild the engine with bigger pistons etc. and itll be quicker than what it is now, maybe nt as fast as the 2.0 but stil fun and possible the cheaper option.

kinda got me thinking now.. what would you do and why?

also where could i get the bigger pistons from etc.?

as for now am still fixed on the 2.0 conversion :) so what parts will i neeed? theres a sport breaking near me

ok cheers

fred whats your opinion on the bore out and rebuild?

probs onli pistons i can get is the 2.0 anyway..

tuning a 1.4 will be timely and if other smaller engined projects are anything to go buy could take forever. Wouldn't even bother putting a 2.0 in it, but as Fred says, speak to Matt as there's quite a lot of work involved.

Be cheaper to buy a 172 I'd have thought, can pick them up for f**k all now.

hmm.. he said he wont charge me labour lol so how much am i looking for a bore out and rebuild? parts wise

hmm.. he said he wont charge me labour lol so how much am i looking for a bore out and rebuild? parts wise

if it's free labour then bloody go for it lad! lol

Dont bother with the 1.4, just get a 172/182 engine, loom, box and ECU. If you speak to MATT BLACK he can probably get you a full 172 running gear cheaper than anywhere else and advise on what you need parts wise and any work arounds as he's done a few of these conversions as well as some slightly more exotic conversions.

no worries and yeah i will contact him

free labour as im good mates with his cousin, trouble is the guy dont speak english, so i have no clue what hes saying when i watch him, but i trust him lol he said his weakness is electrics though..

anyhow ill be leaving car in his garage when i get all the bits

a bit too late to ring now, but how much you think the full runni ng gear will be?

LY 182
"a 172/182 engine, loom, box and ECU"
its not anywhere remotely even slightly that simple,
from my experiance you need a
172 engine and box
all accosiciated pipe work
rad
all ancilerys
engine,dash, rear and door looms
ecu, uch, decoder ring, key and details from the car
all fuel/vacum lines inc brake servo line
all engine mounts
running gear or you can use the standard stuff and modify the subframe as i have

i bought my lot from matt its 1500 plus the vat for everything and you get alot of help and very good support with any extra parts you need etc

i warn you though its not even slightly simple and where i couldnt get hold of a complete engine loom (a part was missing) and i couldnt get the door looms i've spent the best part of 2 days figuring out wiring

alrite now this is really buggin me, i will have the money for this conversion on monday and i sorta cant get this guy to do nit as he'll need car for a long time as he'll onli be doing it on weekends. and its my daily driver and basiclaly need it on road.

so rang mattblack and they no longer do the conversiion so am buggered.

anyone know of someone near west yorkshire that can do the conversion? ideally be able to get all parts to and ill pay them for parts and labour?

also how long would they need the car for?

cheers

speak to 2 live, he could do it in a day if you have somewhere to do it and wont rip you off or f**k you about. He's the fastest mechanic in the club imo and seriously knows his s**t.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
Drop the 1.4 conv sell it and buy a 172.
less problems less agro and will always be a better car than a converted 1.4

speak to 2 live, he could do it in a day if you have somewhere to do it and wont rip you off or f**k you about. He's the fastest mechanic in the club imo and seriously knows his s**t.

yh i should be able to get him a gargae and ramp, can he get alol the parts?
whats his screen name?

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Just a thought... Insurance may f**k you even more for a conversion than they would if you just bought a decent ph1. I was considering the conversion on my old Dynamique, but as my mechanic said to me "there's a lot more to a clio sport than a 2.0 litre engine...". Have to say, now that I have one, I tend to agree...