ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 16v C20XE Redtop Fiat Seicento

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio dci 80 2005

My old car... not a deathtrap, as i sold it to a chap, and around 4 miles down the road a KA jumped a red light and smashed into it... The fiat came off with grazes, and the ka was a wright off....

The rear rad system was smeg, clearly was over engineered as i didnt think a front rad was possible until the car was almost road worthy...

Love the idea of people commenting on things they havent seen in person...

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it was done as it was the only one in the world, to prove a point, and to annoy a lot of people, which it did...

Oh and it sold for £1500 in the end to clear it (pre accident)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  ph3 dci100 172 rep
My old car... not a deathtrap, as i sold it to a chap, and around 4 miles down the road a KA jumped a red light and smashed into it... The fiat came off with grazes, and the ka was a wright off....

The rear rad system was smeg, clearly was over engineered as i didnt think a front rad was possible until the car was almost road worthy...

Love the idea of people commenting on things they havent seen in person...

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it was done as it was the only one in the world, to prove a point, and to annoy a lot of people, which it did...

Oh and it sold for £1500 in the end to clear it (pre accident)

tbh mate it is a shed because its got hurrendeous paint and the interior looks like it has been put together with the inspiration of a five year old (hence the etcha sketch in the top of the dash) ana the car in generall is a shed not the workmanship gone into putting the engine in!

nobody is knocking you for that however i do think it is completely pointless as it will just be death trap is it has no weight so will aquaplane in the wet and wont be able to stop properly as there is too much wieght on the front which will in turn also lose any handling the car ever did have before not to mention the fact that because of its wieght and power it'l never get enough traction off the line to be properly fast!

and its actually not the only one in the world as there is two in italy with redtops (a red and a yellow one) the red one uses the LET lump!

i respect the fact that you like the car and have put a lot of work into it but tbf mate its just a bit too much in a sei!
should've just chucked a punto GT lump in it!my old GT's used to be bloody quick and as the engine is only a 1.4 it wouldn't weigh the front down too much either!

but thats just IMHO!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio dci 80 2005
tbh mate it is a shed because its got hurrendeous paint and the interior looks like it has been put together with the inspiration of a five year old (hence the etcha sketch in the top of the dash) ana the car in generall is a shed not the workmanship gone into putting the engine in!

nobody is knocking you for that however i do think it is completely pointless as it will just be death trap is it has no weight so will aquaplane in the wet and wont be able to stop properly as there is too much wieght on the front which will in turn also lose any handling the car ever did have before not to mention the fact that because of its wieght and power it'l never get enough traction off the line to be properly fast!

and its actually not the only one in the world as there is two in italy with redtops (a red and a yellow one) the red one uses the LET lump!

i respect the fact that you like the car and have put a lot of work into it but tbf mate its just a bit too much in a sei!
should've just chucked a punto GT lump in it!my old GT's used to be bloody quick and as the engine is only a 1.4 it wouldn't weigh the front down too much either!

but thats just IMHO!

There hasnt been a front wheel drive one until after this, and as for sticking a 1.4 lump in one.... ive already had a 1.4 turbo seicento running 160bhp, and that was an ugly pile of sh*t too.

Theres nothing wrong with the paint on the car, the interior is sh*t, and if you knew me, you would know id be the first to admit it.

As for the car itself, being the builder and owner of the car, there was no porblems with it, be that stopping, or putting power down. As its a short wheelbased car, it did have a tendancy to lift at the rear on emergency, but 99.9% of the time it was fine, due to the water in the rear rads.

The car had uprated brakes all round, and lots of welding and chassis work.

I know you said your not knocking it, but your first paragraph is insulting, and to be completly fair, you most probably drive a normal car, and probably someone who wouldnt have the b*lls to do something original that hadnt been done prior...

Not being funny, but the whole project took 6 weeks, on a driveway with no shelter, in the p*ssing rain...

Everyone who saw the car was impressed, even the vauxhall owners club, who offered me a place on their show stand at the pod...

I also had magazine interest in the car, but as its now in the state of being rebuilt, thats fell through...

End of the day, it wasnt built to look brilliant, its the whole point in a sleeper, and it was worth every min spent on the car just to see peoples faces when it flew past...

Just annoys me how people can sit there throwing insults at something they have never seen, or had the guts to try themselves....

Also just to add.. as you seem to know about these engines....

Then you would realise saying to put the 1.4 turbo (same as u/t) into a seicento because its light over the xe is incorrect....

The engine you are on about is a cast iron block, and the c20xe is alloy...

The redtop engine is a hell of a lot lighter than the 1.4t..

The xe is only around 60-70kg heavier than the standard set up... id hate to think what the 1.4t is... I know my uno turbo engined seicento was a nightmare handling wise (1.4mk2u/t lump - same as punto gt)

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
Regardless of the exterior i think you deserve a pat on the back for fabrication work and engineering thats gone into the engine conversion.

Most people on here wouldnt know how to change a driveshaft never mind drop a vauxhall 2.0 16 valve engine into a fiat.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 172
Waste of a good engine really!!

Whats with the central heating running through the interior?????

Complete shed!!.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  tiTTy & SV650
some completely w4nk comments in here, it's not my cup of tea but as Matt says it's a finished project not just a pipe dream so fair play to the guy for making it work.

You cannae polish a turd w.r.t. the fact its a Seicentio though

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  172 cup
There hasnt been a front wheel drive one until after this, and as for sticking a 1.4 lump in one.... ive already had a 1.4 turbo seicento running 160bhp, and that was an ugly pile of sh*t too.

Theres nothing wrong with the paint on the car, the interior is sh*t, and if you knew me, you would know id be the first to admit it.

As for the car itself, being the builder and owner of the car, there was no porblems with it, be that stopping, or putting power down. As its a short wheelbased car, it did have a tendancy to lift at the rear on emergency, but 99.9% of the time it was fine, due to the water in the rear rads.

The car had uprated brakes all round, and lots of welding and chassis work.

I know you said your not knocking it, but your first paragraph is insulting, and to be completly fair, you most probably drive a normal car, and probably someone who wouldnt have the b*lls to do something original that hadnt been done prior...

Not being funny, but the whole project took 6 weeks, on a driveway with no shelter, in the p*ssing rain...

Everyone who saw the car was impressed, even the vauxhall owners club, who offered me a place on their show stand at the pod...

I also had magazine interest in the car, but as its now in the state of being rebuilt, thats fell through...

End of the day, it wasnt built to look brilliant, its the whole point in a sleeper, and it was worth every min spent on the car just to see peoples faces when it flew past...

Just annoys me how people can sit there throwing insults at something they have never seen, or had the guts to try themselves....

Also just to add.. as you seem to know about these engines....

Then you would realise saying to put the 1.4 turbo (same as u/t) into a seicento because its light over the xe is incorrect....

The engine you are on about is a cast iron block, and the c20xe is alloy...

The redtop engine is a hell of a lot lighter than the 1.4t..

The xe is only around 60-70kg heavier than the standard set up... id hate to think what the 1.4t is... I know my uno turbo engined seicento was a nightmare handling wise (1.4mk2u/t lump - same as punto gt)

dont defend it lol....... its faggotry :p

rough arse ripple effect 30kg bodyfiller dash looooooooooool

+ central heating lol.

i wouldnt waste petrol setting it on fire.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  ph3 dci100 172 rep
you most probably drive a normal car, and probably someone who wouldnt have the b*lls to do something original that hadnt been done prior...

my car wasn't to everyone on here and other forums tastes so that comment is wrong and i am a car painter and i can tell from that picture of your rear quarter panel that the paint is sh*te :S

i am sorry if i have offended you but when you build a car that is quite frankly ridiculous people will take the p**s.

the brakes mite be uprated but your still using 14s meaning they cant be that great!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio dci 80 2005
dont defend it lol....... its faggotry :p

rough arse ripple effect 30kg bodyfiller dash looooooooooool

+ central heating lol.

i wouldnt waste petrol setting it on fire.

To be fair mate you dont know anything about me or this car, The dash had zero filler on it, it was made from f/glass matting. Not to everyones taste, bit like your green wheels, some people will like them, some not.

If you want to say the car isnt to your taste as a few on here have already done then fair enough, but as for the insulting comments then people (hint) need to grow up..

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio dci 80 2005
you most probably drive a normal car, and probably someone who wouldnt have the b*lls to do something original that hadnt been done prior...

my car wasn't to everyone on here and other forums tastes so that comment is wrong and i am a car painter and i can tell from that picture of your rear quarter panel that the paint is sh*te :S

i am sorry if i have offended you but when you build a car that is quite frankly ridiculous people will take the p**s.

the brakes mite be uprated but your still using 14s meaning they cant be that great!

Want having a go at you mate, just think this forum has some immature people on it. I dont mind comments with people saying they dont like it, but bitchy little girl comments are just annoying.

As you have said yourself, the car was rediculous, which is half the reason it was done. You may be a sprayer but looking at the car there was no body damage other than scrathes and a few dents.. cant see how you can guage the quality of paint etc from a picture.

14s are used on the 1.4 uno turbos, which have the dame brakes i was running, The Ut's have been known to hit 200bhp, and still on the same brakes and wheels...

I was runniing vented, drilled and groved disks and uprated pads.

DMS

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A thirsty 172
I absolutely hate Siecento's with a passion. They're ugly, slow and completely undesirable in my eyes. That said, I love what he's done with it. Tiny cars with big power always interest me because of the fun factor. Whether it handles well or not wouldn't bother me all that much because no matter how badly a car corners, when you drive it day in day out you'll get used to it. The slightly unpredictable handling characteristics just make it more interesting to drive IMO. As long as it's not dangerous, fair play!
I can also appreciate that the appearance of the interior isn't very pleasing, but that's not what this car is about is it? It's all about doing something for the sake of doing it, not necessarily making it look pretty in the process.