ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st time detailing my car

200 RS 2010
Well i started with nothing, ive never bothered doing anything other than a 1 bucket hose n sponge down of any car ive ever had.. then i bought my Clio :)
ive got a bit obsessed with all aspects of the car including cleaning it. So i did a bit of research, looked around, got some advice, watched a few videos and then started buying up things i thought id need to do a proper job (by my standards)
So a few weeks later and waiting on the weather i finally got to spend 4 hours going through the whole process and you can see the results below.
I did the wheels first spraying them with wheel cleaner then waiting a while and hosing off with a wheel brush. Then the car had a hose wash with a wash mitt (2 buckets of course) then went to giving the car a full clay barring, then dried it all off, then waxed the whole thing.
All the things i used were pretty cheap bought from either halfords or amazon and for a first timer im pretty happy with it.... for now lol
DSC_0324.JPG

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Have you considered using a pre wash. If you don’t have a pressure washer to be able to use a snow foam lance use a citrus pre wash instead.

200 RS 2010
What products did you use mate, still loving the car?
I didn't use anything expensive or special, just basic stuff off Amazon and from Halfords. 2 buckets, microfibre towels and a washmit from Halfords, Simoniz shampoo and carnuba wax to wash it, Simoniz ultracare alloy cleaner for the wheels, a £5 clay bar off Amazon and some original hard shell shine car wax from Turtle Wax to youve guessed it.. wax it. I borrowed my dad's garage and hose and chamois leather to get it done but that's it. I've bought a 10litre washer for my house and microfibre towels to replace the hose and chamois so I don't need to go to Wales every time I want to clean my car in the future.. which will probably be every week at this rate. I got such a good feeling driving home in it knowing it looked the nuts :)

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Good stuff. You can certainly get carried away with products and spending on products