ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1ST project , Alloy sizes & arch rolling needed?

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Hey clio fanatics , just starting my first project wich has been long awaited. i have found a nice set of ‎16' borbet t 4x100 2x7.5j ET35 2x 9j ET30 i know the 7.5 on front shouldnt be too bad but the 9j on the back will be wiiiiiiide ,
so ladies and gents im in dire need of any info regarding if i need to roll and even then best way to go about getting it done.

any advice or input of anykind would make my day!

cheers:p

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Get a spare panel from a scrappys to practice, and you need to use heat to avoid the paint cracking really. you can get the laser arch rollers for lots of places (laser is the brand)

RS6 C7
9j!!! your gonna definetly need your arches rolling!, i have 8j and they stick miles out my arch, your definetly gonna need stretched tyres. Heat the paint with a hair-dryer and tap them round with a block of wood and a hammer (thats how i did mine then just seal them. Have you lowered your car?

Excuse the novice question, What actually is arch rolling exactly. Is it just folding the lip under the arch over?
Or actually rolling the arch so it sticks out more? lol.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
see i have'nt bought the alloys yet as im still trying to work out what will fit, i have coilovers ready and looking to strech the tyres onto a set of 16's but the size of the alloy and type yet i cant quite decide on i want slight poke but dont want to make her TOO much of a baitrider after haha, upgrade alloysize and roll arch when fundings a bit better?

RS6 C7
The car wont be able to go very low with 16s on especially with them been that wide, I woul look for 8.5j max to be honest.my tyres are now catching again on the rear even after my arches are rolled and im only running 8j with a 10mm stretch

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
so if i were to get 15' s that were 7j front 8j back would the rolling be 100% nessisary? and would i then be able to get her closer to the ground without all the hassle of rolling

RS6 C7
you wont need to roll the front but the back you will unless you run alot of camber, with 15inch wheels you are already 1inch closer to the ground. There are some fk coilovers for sale on here for £200 which is a bargain. Sign up to the forum and you will see ;)

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
im hoping its free ;) and yeah ill pick them up monday buddy thats just saved me £175 , you my friend are a f**king superstar ! haha see i dont want to roll my arches just yet, was gonna save it till later in the project but still want that bit of poke at the back.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
and dude just checked your clio on your profile, that is basicly how i want my stance for the time being ;)

RS6 C7
^Mine is alot lower since the picture on my profile ;) and the wheels have changed. Need to get the back lower on mine still even though they are wound to the ground! haha

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
let me know when you update pics bud, im intrested on that look now :D
is the for sale section only availible once you get the paid subscription?

RS6 C7
Yep, its well worth becoming a full member though, for the sake of £12 ive saved £100ss and the guides on here are great aswell :)

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
^Mine is alot lower since the picture on my profile ;) and the wheels have changed. Need to get the back lower on mine still even though they are wound to the ground! haha
Someone on my facebook is selling clio air lowering kit ( not sure what it is , know its lowwwwwwwwwwwww) if it helps at all