ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1k to spend . . . on what???

RB 182 cup
well got my new car finally

racing blue 182 cup, now i have 1k left to spend on it after selling my old car now im wondering what to get

this i want lowered, really want coilovers, front splitter (carbon?) and i many get an exhaust

now i cant decide wether to get h&r's and just a splitter or some cheaper coilovers something like fk's and then get and exhaust as well??

need some help as i just cant decide???

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I would personally get coils, splitter, exhaust, depending what coils of course.

Don't get a carbon splitter.... they get stone chipped badly and look naff in no time. Although K-Tec's new matt effect carbon splitter solves that problem. Or a Peugeot 307 splitter looks great on them, and is £30 brand new.

I would save some money for an RS trackday later in the year. Seriously, the most fun you will have in the car!

That should leave you with enough cash moneys for some decent coilovers.

congrats on the new motor mate :)

tbh i would go for a set of either H&R's or AST's which will consume most of your budget at current exchange rates

forget about the carbon splitter as with the new lower ride height its too brittle and easily broken comapred to the standard item

Lionel Richie
pah you can't tell, and if you damage it you only need to buy 1 half (if you're lucky)

quality is what counts in my eyes!

E92 M3
i think the megane splitter is the best spliter i think it looks much nicer than the cup/cf ones and i a fraction ov the price

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Streamline one looks pisch! May as well get a broken splitter and put it on! Daft idea.

Just enjoy it mate. no need to mod it.

Tav

Clio 197
Something to make the brakes less wooden, Ferrodo DS2500 pads and new Renault disks or something...

I've done brakes, about to service car (24k & 4 years), new exhaust (falling apart), uprated engine mounts (gone) and maybe a panel filter...that'll keep the car in tip top shape.

I'd quite like Turini's, matched inlets and another remap in future...maybe trophy suspension.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Coilovers will make more of a difference than exhaust etc. No one ever will, but if you spent half on driver training, and half on track days, you'll enjoy that more than any mods.

RB 182 cup
think im just gunna get some h&r's and the spitter

the money i have i want to spend on my car. i will be booking a track day this year just not sure when or where.

320d
I'd get a set of h&r's and save the rest towards exhaust etc.

Its funny how people on here say don't mod save the money etc yet will mod there own car and enjoy doing so....

Lionel Richie
^only problem being as "off the shelf" they're not as perfect as H&R IMO

the AST's can be perfect, but that involves f**king about with them for a while to get them right, H&R's however, whack em on, set them up and they're pretty good all rounders generically from the start

AST's after f**king about with them for a while will be better, but it will take a while IMO!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Have a look at a morego.co.uk it's bbr they could do a 202 182 for around that price, abit different to what people normally suggest on hear, bbr are a well known company so should be quality. Evo magazine loved there 182.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Have a look at a morego.co.uk it's bbr they could do a 202 182 for around that price, abit different to what people normally suggest on hear, bbr are a well known company so should be quality. Evo magazine loved there 182.
I wouldn't I've driven there demo car. If thats a genuine 202bhp, I'm a ten year old called sarah.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I wouldn't I've driven there demo car. If thats a genuine 202bhp, I'm a ten year old called sarah.

Hey Sarah, do you want to see BOlt in 3D tonight? I can get you tanked up on white lightning and finger you behind a hedge after

Astra SRI/ Hornet
well never said I'd tried morego so can't comment. I was just putting something different in for a change instead of the usual.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
well never said I'd tried morego so can't comment. I was just putting something different in for a change instead of the usual.

why re invent the wheel, Turinis,splitter , zorst . Damm you man do you not know CS!!!