ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19yo's with a Renault Sport, Insurance ?

MINI FJCW
Hello guys, im looking into getting a Renault Sport next year and was just wandering how much you 19 year olds pay for insurance a year. Also how many no claims, years driving and insurance company etc.

Thanks.

PH1 V6
you would be looking around the 2k mark easily. I got my first when i was 20 and it was expensive enough!

polo, here for lols
im 21 and still stupid expensive for a sport, just wait a few years mate, or get a car to fill the gap, 106gti, zetec s etc... something like that is what im planing

PH1 V6
106 gti is still very expensive to insure even at 19, its only slightly more affordable than a sport tbh maybe by £200 or something.

A zetec s would be a good stepping stone or a saxo VTR etc as they are insurance group 8 so half what the sport is.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
im 19 and i pay 1995 fully comp with mods delcared (cage, harness, carbon bonnet, air filter) got 1yrs no claims and with brent acre

BMW M135i
If you've got some ncb you'll be fine, I payed 1600 at 19 for my 172. If you're ncb-less i'd forget it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My cheapest so far is £2500 on a 172, 19yo 2 years driving, 0ncb and 1 accident claim

MINI FJCW
Yeah a fair bit mate. So frustrating when were getting silly quotes out.

Does anyone know about Direct Lines on having any issues insuring on young drivers and big litre cars?

I try and get quotes on there site, but it says they cant give me quote with no reason given.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Depends where you live. I paid 1400 or something when i was 18, 1100 or so when i was 19 and less again yr on yr. I bought a 172 for a few months a yr or so ago and it was 2-300?!

MINI FJCW
Thanks for the responses!

Just tried my 1.2 on Direct Line and they wouldn't give me a quote, lol, must be something wrong there..

What do you think is cheaper? Whether you ring up the insurance firm or do it online?

Yeah im struggling for quotes under £2300-2500, havent tried Brent Acre but will have to give them a bash.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
just got a quote from adrian flux for £2100 :D getting lower!

EDIT: With mods

BMW M5 & E36
Having been there and got the t-shirt, having a 1*2 at 18/19 isn't all that clever and you'll look back and think 'whyyyyyyy?'. I did!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i no but i want one anyway and the car will only cost me £1700ish for a ph2.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
£1880. Brentacre. Unlimited mods. 1 years ncb. 2 years driving. 3 points. Mum and Dad on policy too.

Evo 8 MR
Having been there and got the t-shirt, having a 1*2 at 18/19 isn't all that clever and you'll look back and think 'whyyyyyyy?'. I did!

+1

I got a K4M at 18 and bagged myself a 50/50 claim and a DQ.

Not a good idea imo at all, still too young and inexperienced.

182 & Porsche 986
Yeah a fair bit mate. So frustrating when were getting silly quotes out.

Does anyone know about Direct Lines on having any issues insuring on young drivers and big litre cars?

I try and get quotes on there site, but it says they cant give me quote with no reason given.

Direct line wouldnt insure me on my 172 until i was 21. Although when i was 21 they was the cheapest for me.

1.2 16v Clio
^ +1, i plan on getting an r27 when i hit 21, will have 3 years ncb so did a "test" quote with directline and got a quote of £900 :)

R26
admiral... 19yo.. 1300 fully comp :) .. they rape you when you add mods though... ive got 3 months left on my policy and just declared my miltek, they charged me 70 quid!

Last edited: