ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197cup - Janspeed system and sports cat. Absolutley Awesome

182 Trophy & Megabusa
I saw the 197 Cup on the Janspeed stand at Donny (as pictured earlier in the thread) and I absolutely adore the look of the exhaust. Didn't hear it or anything but i said to one of the guys from Janspeed how impressed I was with the look. Top choice!

Are you sure that is your actual car though? I was talking to a guy from Janspeed for about half an hour and he said he was driving it to and from work and loved it much more than the Evo 10 they had too! He also said it was their development car that they had been trying to improve but couldn't so they put it back to pretty much standard again????

Glad you are pleased with it though!

Turbos.
I think its interesting, credit for trying something different. I imagine it would take a lot of work to make it sit perfectly.

Black Gold with cup packs
I saw the 197 Cup on the Janspeed stand at Donny (as pictured earlier in the thread) and I absolutely adore the look of the exhaust. Didn't hear it or anything but i said to one of the guys from Janspeed how impressed I was with the look. Top choice!

Are you sure that is your actual car though? I was talking to a guy from Janspeed for about half an hour and he said he was driving it to and from work and loved it much more than the Evo 10 they had too! He also said it was their development car that they had been trying to improve but couldn't so they put it back to pretty much standard again????

There was a bit of development for the car, the suspension set up could not be improved on the original so they scrapped it, The exhaust however has improved the cars performance, it is accopmanied with a sports cat. There were 300 miles extra on my car when I had it back, they did drive it to Donnington, Iwill be on the phone to them now to find out exactly what they have been doing with it if thats the case, it is my car yes! :mad:

cock mobile.

There was a bit of development for the car, the suspension set up could not be improved on the original so they scrapped it, The exhaust however has improved the cars performance, it is accopmanied with a sports cat. There were 300 miles extra on my car when I had it back, they did drive it to Donnington, Iwill be on the phone to them now to find out exactly what they have been doing with it if thats the case, it is my car yes! :mad:

PMSL.

What did you expect to happen?

They needed to test the exhaust so were bound to stick a few miles on the car, the exhaust needs run in a bit to find out the true note and performance.

300 miles on the car is fair deal considering what you have got in return.

Black Gold with cup packs

PMSL.

They needed to test the exhaust so were bound to stick a few miles on the car, the exhaust needs run in a bit to find out the true note and performance.

For 300 miles, I had a £400 exhaust system, a £300 sports cat, a £200 induction kit, and a full tank of petrol. i'm not too bothered, but I wasn't told it was being used on a daily basis.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
PMSL.

For 300 miles, I had a £400 exhaust system, a £300 sports cat, a £200 induction kit, and a full tank of petrol. i'm not too bothered, but I wasn't told it was being used on a daily basis.

sounds like a f**king good deal to me to be honest....

cock mobile.

Exactly, bargain really :approve:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Still its the thought of someone else driving your pride and joy, id probaly not be happy.

This happened to me when i had my old C2, it was getting warranty wprk done on it and when i got it back it had 44 miles put on it, i was for leathering the mechanic to be honest!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i think it looks great, suits the clios back end a peach :)

They do look great mate you are correct.
The majority of negative feedback here is due to insane jealousy, one of the many reasons why I don't post here very often anymore, because people cannot accept change and love to s**g the tits off it, so I tend to go to places where acheived beauty is praised, rather than put down. There are alot of brilliant guys on this forum, but there are also alot of arseholes! Pop over to www.renaultsport.co.uk all very nice guys there.

Lol i aint jealous in any way, why would i be? I have a 197. I also said i didnt like them on Renaultsport too ;)

Black 197
Still its the thought of someone else driving your pride and joy, id probaly not be happy.

This happened to me when i had my old C2, it was getting warranty wprk done on it and when i got it back it had 44 miles put on it, i was for leathering the mechanic to be honest!

I cant see a mechanic wanting to keep driving a C2 longer than necessary!:)

mk3 golf gti

I cant see a mechanic wanting to keep driving a C2 longer than necessary!:)

haha tres drol!!! :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT

yeah but there is a big difference between a load of miles put on for warranty work or a load of miles put on in return for free products, I'd happilly have my car back with an extra 300 miles and a free exhaust, sport cat, suspension etc

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Any chance of some more photos? Are the tailpipes cut out of the diffuser or just kinda moulded round it? Hard to tell from that little pic :)

Dan

182 Trophy & Megabusa
if you gave it to them for development you can't complain that they drove it....and also you got 1k's worth of mods for free...i wouldn't moan too much!

ST
if you gave it to them for development you can't complain that they drove it....and also you got 1k's worth of mods for free...i wouldn't moan too much!

+1...if i gave someone my car for all thet free work/parts and put 300 odd miles on the clock testing it road and or track i wouldn't complain..it prob gets driven harder by yourself on a daily basis anyway..

clio 200 F4Rt
i think thats why they call it testing and development... rather than bolt something on and pray its any good!

Tangoed Works
exhaust looks cracking mate. as said, 300 miles isnt anything. I would prefer that to test that it wont fall off or sound crap etc rather than going back numerous times.

MKIII 138
looks awesome mate as ive said i think in 2008 you can get away with this style now vxr astra,corsa, vectra,lambo,saab turbo x are all example but then again there all GM. its a smaller style taken from lambo and buggati, ok on a turbo motor its more beliveble as you expect high bhp gains from a catback with wide rear tail pipes, but even so its ok now car fashion wise.

please post some decent vids though.

Renaultsport Clio 197
lock and bin the topic....
this is anoying me.
I keep refreshing the topic here and on renaultsport.co.uk to see the videos and none yet.
DAMN!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
strange...

i would have bought it if i had seen some vids ;)

probably explains why he was raving about it so much? - needs to sell the exhaust ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Aww, I wanted to hear it too. Any exhaust that can make a 4cyl 2.0 engine sound better than a 6.0 V8 must be pretty special...

Dan

clio 197, mazda rx7
se7en172 wot is your fuel consuption like now????
i got my system fitted on friday (second cat has com off) and im averaging at NO more than 21 now!! was wondering what your now averaging at???

M2 Competition

Lol at the way people kick off when they get a car back and it has a few miles on it. But if the mechanics fixed it, didnt test it and you got it home and it went wrong again... you'd kick off then too.

Cant win.