ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been today and bought a 197 in 'racing blue'!! Its something ive been thinking about for awhile and my 172 is getting more problamatic by the day.......... Something has pissed me off though - the lights on the 197!! They apparantly do 3 different types, 'standard', 'sporty cornering lights' and xenons!! What is wrong with supplying us with xenons as standard?? The one iv bought has the 'sporty cornering lights', I pick it up tomorrow but i cant help feeling a bit dissapointed that im not getting xenons after being so used to them!! Is this just another Renault way of making money???

im confused now...... the lights look like xenons when turned off but they dont have the washers!! I thought the xenons came with washers?? Its second hand 2007 on a '56' plate. Thanks

R26
hi fella good choice in colour
i went went from a 172 to a 197 last november and still love getting in it and just driving
if you got cornering lights youve got xenons
the way to tell is if you have the black suround in the lights if so you got xenons

Clio 197 F1 No. 57
Dedicated cornering lamps are not xenons. They come with the black surround, but no washer jet. The headlights are a standard type bulb.

If you buy xenons, they included the cornering feature and the black surrounds, but also have washer jets.

Clio 197 sport
if you have the black suround in the lights if so you got xenons

Not true...
As was mentioned in the earlier posts you can have the following options -

Standard lights - Clear type looking lenses without the black surround and washers.

Sports lights - These have the black surround and the cornering feature. they have standard bulbs and dont have washers.

Xenon light - These have the black surround, obviously have xenon bulbs and have the headlight washers.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I couldn't care less if i had Xenons or not....i've upgraded my bulbs to Blue Visions and they are pretty darn good.

I remember one guy had Xenons on the Late Night Welsh Run i did and no one wanted him behind them as he blinded everyone...

:mad: right, well ive finally picked it up!! They are not the standard looking lights (which your mum may have on her golf tdi) but are the dedicated cornering lamps with a sport - like bulb. Basically, they look like xenons but are not! ANYWAY, im passed that...... now onto the service from the garage. Ok, I rushed them through the buy, i only gave my deposit yesterday and clooected this afternoon, but s**t!! FIRSTLY when i arrive to collect im told there's a 'small' problem wnd the car will have to go back in next week when the part arrives!! When the steering whell is turned either when stationary or driving slow there is a thudding noise coming from the steering!! Im driving all the way to belgium in it at 6am tomorrow!!!:mad: SECONDLY whilst driving home i realised that the red line on the steering wheel which is supposed to point straight ahead when the wheels are straight doesnt line up (i have to have the wheel turned at a slight angle to make the car go straight)!! :mad: THIRDLY when i got home found out that one of the rear fog lights is out!!!:mad: AND.... they forgot to refund me my £100 deposit!!!! f**king ridiculous, however i do love the car and will post some photos of it as soon as i return from brugge!!!

Stay clear of Renault Manchester!! Any suggestions??

apparantly so..... at first i was told it was normal and then the 'chief engineer' appeared and told me there was a fault and it would be fixed under warranty. I guess it must be a genuine fault. Get it checked out mate, im not happy with it the way it is. Im just hoping the wheels dont drop off half way to the continent!! Also, would you recomend taking one or two tyre filler for a trip abroad?

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
The cornering lights are essentially the same as the xenions light casing except they don't have xenons ie black surrounds. The standard lights with no cornering lights are the clear silver casings.....ie cornering lights look like xenons but with no xenons....

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm guessing you have one fog light on the rear O/S? If so I'm sure thats what they come with.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
tjhmortimer said:
:mad: right, well ive finally picked it up!! They are not the standard looking lights (which your mum may have on her golf tdi) but are the dedicated cornering lamps with a sport - like bulb. Basically, they look like xenons but are not! ANYWAY, im passed that...... now onto the service from the garage. Ok, I rushed them through the buy, i only gave my deposit yesterday and clooected this afternoon, but s**t!! FIRSTLY when i arrive to collect im told there's a 'small' problem wnd the car will have to go back in next week when the part arrives!! When the steering whell is turned either when stationary or driving slow there is a thudding noise coming from the steering!! Im driving all the way to belgium in it at 6am tomorrow!!!:mad: SECONDLY whilst driving home i realised that the red line on the steering wheel which is supposed to point straight ahead when the wheels are straight doesnt line up (i have to have the wheel turned at a slight angle to make the car go straight)!! :mad: THIRDLY when i got home found out that one of the rear fog lights is out!!!:mad: AND.... they forgot to refund me my £100 deposit!!!! f**king ridiculous, however i do love the car and will post some photos of it as soon as i return from brugge!!!

Stay clear of Renault Manchester!! Any suggestions?? [/quote]

Yes.

Don't do that again!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
you shouldnt have rushed through buying something as expensive as a 197, lol.

no wonder there are issues that need sorting.

3 MPS
hi fella good choice in colour
i went went from a 172 to a 197 last november and still love getting in it and just driving
if you got cornering lights youve got xenons
the way to tell is if you have the black suround in the lights if so you got xenons

mine has black surrounds and cornering lights and there not xenons

Returned from Belgium.............. got off the ferry at Dover at 16:30. Arrived back in Manchester at 03:30!!! This f**king car. As i mentioned, one of the faults with my new car was a slow puncture which Renault didnt pick up in there pre-inspection. So whilst in France/Belgium I had been stopping a few times a day to put air in (which was ok)!! However, when I returned to Dover yesterday, the tyre was almost flat so I put in the tyre foam LOVELY STUFF!!! What a nighmare. No one down there could locate me a suitable tyre so I drove all 200 miles at between 30-50 mph with my tyre full of foam!!! Not the best 4 days of new car ownership!! And my girlfriend was going mad!!! Where can I get a spare wheel??

As i mentioned, one of the faults with my new car was a slow puncture which Renault didnt pick up in there pre-inspection. So whilst in France/Belgium I had been stopping a few times a day to put air in (which was ok)!! However, when I returned to Dover yesterday, the tyre was almost flat so I put in the tyre foam LOVELY STUFF!!! What a nighmare. No one down there could locate me a suitable tyre so I drove all 200 miles at between 30-50 mph with my tyre full of foam!!! Not the best 4 days of new car ownership!! And my girlfriend was going mad!!! Where can I get a spare wheel??

The new megan uses the same wheels long with a few other Renault just go down the brakers yard or pay a forutne for a new proper wheel.

That tyre foams useless that tyres junk as well as once the foams used it makes the tyre unrepairable.

I don't think you've a leg to start on though claiming it had a flat when you picked it up how you going to prove it? Ypou've driven loads on it as well. I'd refuse to pay if I was at the dealership for a new tyres (since thats what you need now).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
xenons are well overrated on clios. Mt cup had a much better beam pattern on dipped