ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Xenon Problem? Help!

BMW 320d M-Sport
Seem to be having a bit of an issue with the xenon's on my 197. They appear to be stuck too high during driving?

If I'm right, they seem to have 3 height settings

- Low (for when stopped)
- Dipped (for normal driving)
- Up (when the main beam is on/higher speeds?)

Well, my lights seem stuck in the upper most setting? When turning the lights on they go through the phases of adjusting themselves as they should, and then go to the highest height and won't adjust themselves back down? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help is certainly most welcomed. People keep flashing me as if my lights are too bright hence also bringing it to my attention. Is there an automated height mechanism somewhere that may want sorting out?

Cheers!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
possible level sensor rod has come off, one on the n/s/f wishbone and one on the reaer beam iirc

BMW 320d M-Sport
Thanks, will have to get it looked at. Something has hit the front of my car recently - smashed the wheel arch lining to pieces so guess maybe it was that :(

BMW 320d M-Sport
Went to see Mark Fish on this today. The 197 doesnt have a sensor on the front, only on the rear left suspension. Switch may be faulty but no obvious damage - bizarre how it should just go. Stupid French cars!

Any more advice other than back to a dealer?

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
senso.jpg

hope this helps , its a left hand drive pic but its in the same place.

BMW 320d M-Sport
Thanks very much. Is it possible I've smashed this off when I damaged the wheel arch lining? It's on the drivers side (RHD). When I looked with Mark Fish today there was no sign of a box or anything on the front? Been out in the car tonight and must've been flashed by 70% of drivers. Will have to jack it up and take the wheels off tomorrow I guess for another proper look. Sad times. Thank you so much for help so far.

Rich

BMW 320d M-Sport
Can't see anything on the front at all, which is worrying! Off to Renault it will have to go tomorrow :(

BMW 320d M-Sport
Problem fixed today by Renault under my extended warranty (I'm told). Faulty switch and wiring loom on the rear axle sensor.