ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - Tyre preference

197, M3, Ronart + KTM etc
I know, I know :dapprove: Not a great subject to raise but hey, I'll need to replace two of my Conti 3's on my Sport and just wanted to know if anyone had these fitted and then changed them for something better i.e improved grip both wet (British summers!) and dry:race: Please, NO comments, just real experiance :quiet:

Black 197
I have the Conti's too and my fronts need replacing asap... I haven't really looked into tyre choices as of yet... Need to soon though !

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I've got Hankook Rs2's on mine.
In the wet probably 70-80% grip of the conti 3's i took off after 1600 miles, so they were almost new still.
In the dry they piss all over the competition it's unreal, almost as good as R888's & yes i have a set of speedlines with them on as well:D

M135i
Yes replaced mine with toyo T1Rs all round. Never again. I'm going back to the contis next. Had the car round bedford last month and it didn't feel as good as when I was driving the contis.

They feel fine on a 172 but I don't know, the 197 maybe too heavy for them? That's how it seems to me.