ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 to R32

Shed.
someone needs to open a topic "197 to GTR" :rolleyes:

Not really, they arent worlds apart, its not like were looking at Micra to Ferarri F50 now is it ?

Both nice cars but we know which one is the best, its just the consideration of insurance, fuel economy (or rarther lack of) and build quality. I dont think the R32 is a car which will be a "drivers" car but in my opinion it looks good and its well built, quick and plenty of torque, stick it on some good springs and have it remap'd (And the gearox can have a remap too iirc?) and i think it would be equally as good. If my parents will throw the money at me when it comes to my 21st ontop of what ive saved already, i would definately get one if the insuance was "affordable". which it wont be. So i wont, and i know it, and i dont even want to look at quotes.

I would like to steer clear of renault when i get my next car. Its either the New Ctr or R26 for me, or, if by some miracle i can afford one, a MK5 R32.

Turbo LY R27
^^^MK4 faster? really? Had a pop with one in my old 182, it was neck and neck he could get past me at all. I know he was trying, coz he was chasing me because i didnt see him in my blind spot when pulling out and he wasnt very happy lol. Needless to say i was trying hard to lol! :eek:

Has to be mk5 imo. much better car, quicker as well. Would go for DSG tho, manua all the way for me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^^^MK4 faster? really? Had a pop with one in my old 182, it was neck and neck he could get past me at all. I know he was trying, coz he was chasing me because i didnt see him in my blind spot when pulling out and he wasnt very happy lol. Needless to say i was trying hard to lol! :eek:

Has to be mk5 imo. much better car, quicker as well. Would go for DSG tho, manua all the way for me.

To 90 your right there's nout in it. Above that the R32 is significantly faster! My Bro has one as does my dad. To 90 my old 172 was quicker, then he caught past and could pull away if we kept going.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I can vouch for that too... and that noise!! There aint much that sounds better than a 32 :) Mebe a Lambo V10

RIP cup, now 172ph1
if you can afford it id go for it.. awesome cars. i would go for a manual, but dont know what this one is? take it for a spin if you can.. bet you might change your mind then:cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I can vouch for that too... and that noise!! There aint much that sounds better than a 32 :) Mebe a Lambo V10

E90 M5 Any v6, beit the VW,Alfa,Reno,

The mk3 VR6 sounds stunning!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xpWCW1abj0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xpWCW1abj0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Swift Sport
Interesting to see that people are saying that performance is comparable upto 90/100mph, then the R32 will pull away with ease.

That isn't going to make a great deal of difference on public roads is it really, unless you're always tanking round in tripple figures all the time... which I'm not! lol

172cup
Instead of an R32 go for an Audi Sport 240. It is basically a light version of the R32 but has a 1.8 turbo matched to the 4x4 system. It only has two seats and will hold its value well as it was a limited edition. The seats are awesome too! This car is on my list of whats next against a meg r26 and a JDM CTR.

Swift Sport
Instead of an R32 go for an Audi Sport 240. It is basically a light version of the R32 but has a 1.8 turbo matched to the 4x4 system. It only has two seats and will hold its value well as it was a limited edition. The seats are awesome too! This car is on my list of whats next against a meg r26 and a JDM CTR.

Never heard of it, sounds good!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

The TT? Aye nice motor. PP's were an option so not all of them have them.

172cup
There awesome!! Go the autotrader and search 240. In a way they where the r26r of 2005/2006! But you could option a Bose stereo.

PP's? Whats that?

The 240 has Recaro buckets like the r26r Sabelt style.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There awesome!! Go the autotrader and search 240. In a way they where the r26r of 2005/2006! But you could option a Bose stereo.

PP's? Whats that?

The 240 has Recaro buckets like the r26r Sabelt style.

Errr...PP - Pole positions (Recaros) not much like the Sabelt ones...

And i would question your opinion on the TT being like the R26R...There was nothing fancy about it other than a touch mroe power and a set of buckets. It was more of a cosmetic exercise as a last run.

(Nice cars don't get me wrong. ColinG's old one was a peach!)

172cup
They fit pretty similar, but the TTs are chunkier than the R26R. The TT 240 has a reduction is weight through no back seats and removal of sound proofing. I am pretty sure it has a wider track and stiffer set-up. they can be had for 11k now so bit of a bargain. However, for 11k I d buy an R26, as i need rear seats.