ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Test Drive

C

clio172cup20

Yes!
Booked it for this Saturday!
Should be intresting...

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
al said:
Lol, not when they START at £16,000!!

i think theyr starting to come down now .... theres one near me for £15995 and thats with a couple of options including keyless entry.

Scirocco GT 210
Haha, good to see other people got that email too.

I've booked a 197 test drive for next Monday. Good to see how it compares to my 172.

1998 BMW e46 323i
just saw a albi blue 197, the first mk3 sport I've seen. Was mucho impressed by it. If only it was faster than my car I'd want it to death. And 30mpg combined?! My 320i did more than that and with power oversteer!

john.med said:
just saw a albi blue 197, the first mk3 sport I've seen. Was mucho impressed by it. If only it was faster than my car I'd want it to death. And 30mpg combined?! My 320i did more than that and with power oversteer!

careful John, that was nearly something positive you posted then! ;)

I drove one when it had 50 miles on the clock and thought it was poo. Then I drove it the other day with 6k miles on it and it's totally different. They're a bit slow and dont corner until the engine and tyres are broken in. Still have one though. Getting used to the looks now.

Glacier White 197 Cup
I test drove one around a month ago and found that the handling was amazing and how quick and safe it stoped!(I thought my 172 had good brakes before the test drive). But the real disapointmnet was the engine. No 5000 rev kick put progressive power which felt boring and a lot slower than my car even though on paper it isn't. Its very grown up- to grown up for me!