ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Swivel Hub Assembly

BMW 118d
Afternoon all, just replaced the N/S/F Upper ball joint And bearing flange carrier also known as a Swivel Hub assembly on a friends 197 this morning, the whole job took about 2hrs start to finish, never changed one before and it was no stress. No special tools required so who ever is familiar with a spanner and ratchet with abit of knowledge thrown in will save themselves a hefty bill should Theres require replacement.

Pics to follow,

Owen.

BMW 118d
file://localhost/Users/ahhrite/Pictures/photo.JPG
​file://localhost/Users/ahhrite/Pictures/photo.JPG

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
photo_zps7f98b153.jpg

photo_zps50b3f612.jpg

Westfield, 182, 200
Changed the near and off side bottom swivels on the wife's car (right hand casting in the pic) took me lots longer, 2 hours is good going!

BMW 118d
To be honest I was expecting it to take a lot longer. The casting on the right in the pic which mounts the lower bearing wasn't required as the issue was the upper ball joint which had shocking amounts of play, I just changed both for good practice. Tbh I couldn't believe how easy everything came apart, and the weight of the brake caliper, so light!

Last edited: