ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Steering Column

2008 Albi 197
After owning my 197 for a few weeks now, a few "small" issues have come to light. I decided to make the most of my warranty and take a trip to the dealers.

The main problem I'd noticed was a slight knock from the steering wheel when turning at slow speeds - turns out my steering column needs to be replaced, and the service manager said its the first one on record in the UK to have this done, they've had to order the parts from France! Not sure how accurate that is though!

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced any knocking with theirs?

Anyway, hats off to Renault Cannock, by far the best dealership I've ever been too.

Clio R27
I had the same, your not the first.
I get that from my dealer with everything I have a problem with "Never heard of that problem before, you must be the first" yeah yeah :rolleyes:

Does it feel as though there's no rubber at all in the suspension?? (If that makes sense)

Mine feels quite harsh if your turning left and accelerating on a bit of crappy road.