ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Spare wheel

meg1.6
how many folks have bothered or are thinking about getting a spare for the boot, im not sure I like the idea of having nothing but a can of foam to save me

ps

will a wheel from any 06 > model clio do, if so I might try the scrap yard

no it won't fit because the 197 wheel fitment is different to the other clio3s.

also, where would you put it? theres the diffuser on the 197 so u'd have to put it in the boot.

however, i have heard that the Megane 225/R26 spare wheel will actually fit.

Clio 197 sport
Yeah im going to get one for mine. Going to get a space saver as used on the meganne.

Dont fancy going to the ring this year without one!

Clio 197
Ive got one in the garage thanks to the s**t roads. Hit a massive pot hole and fucked a bit out of the wheel. Guna sort it out though and get a tyre fitted for it so i can keep it in there when im on long journeys.

meg1.6
aye it would go in the boot, thats not a problem as I never fill the bugger anyways

ok if any old clio wheel wont do, wheres the best place to get one that would fit? after a cheap one as hopefully Ill never use it anyways

thanks for your time

well, u'd be able to get the megane spacesaver from a renault dealer, but i'd imagine it'd be quite costly.

think as an option its £100 on the r26, so i think it'd probably be pricier if u just ordered one from the dealer.

better to check on ebay.

have seen ppl selling 197 alloy wheels individually for about £100 which is better value than the spacesaver.