ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Side Light Bulb Change w/Xenons

BMW 320d M-Sport
Hi all,

I want to change the side lights on my 197 to white bulbs rather than the yellow-ish glow ones so that they will match the look of the xenons. It seems ridiculously tough job to do because of the fuse box/battery location and just general hard to reach location of where the bulbs are. Can anyone offer some help on this?

Thanks,

Rich

clio 1.2 16v,
might have to take the light unit out, some clios it is easy, some its rock hard, air con gets in the way fuse boxes get in the way theres not reallly a way around it

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
on ebay just now i found zenon bulbs with free sidelight bulbs for like 8quid all together

AK

M240i
I know its not a 197 but in my Mk3 (which is kind of similar) to change the sidelights on the drivers side you have to remove the tube that you use to fill the windscreen washer resovior (sp?) and then you can easily access the sidelights there - they just pull out..

On the passenger side you need to remove the battery cover and then remove the fuse box cover and thats all you should need to remove. Then its just a case of getting someone with small fingers to reach down and remove the sidelight.

You shouldn't need to remove the lighting unit... :approve:

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
I've changed my sidelights on my Racing Blue 197 to blue/white LED's and it looks way better!!! It's simple but fiddley to do. Remove the light covers at the back of the unit under the bonnet, locate the side light bulbs and tug lightly on the wires and mine just popped out. I swopped the bulbs and carefully aligned them back up and pushed them in. That's literally it! Obviously don't rag the wires but it shouldn't take much to pop them out. My old man lent me some massive chemistry tweezers but I managed without! I really need to get some pics up, done lots of subtle mods to my 197 but rarely come online to post pics!