ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Rust

Albi 197
Hi, I recently bought a 2006 197 and today I removed all the wheels to clean them and the arches properly and couldn't help bit notice the amount of rust on just about everything except the spring itself...

Changed oil and filter last weekend and noticed the subframe was quite bad with rust in places too, just wondering if they do suffer like this or has mine been a bit neglected?

Owned my previous Clio from 3 years old and kept everything pretty clean so that is rust free everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you buy it from wales? Just about every car I've bought from Wales has had lots of rust.

Albi 197
Think it was originally from Essex, then to Nottingham, then to Preston so it's never lived too close to the sea...

Yeah that's my plan, try to stop it getting any worse. Don't think any of it it detrimental but it's on my mind now.

Thanks for your replies! Most helpful as always.