ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Removing Rear seat belts - Any lights/problems?

Clio Sport 197
As above anybody know if a light will come on? Likewise, if the light does come on can it be switched off with a resistor or other solution?

Clio Sport 197
Not for the rears. It's the pretensioners on the front that will bring the light on.

No pretensioners on rear then? Hoping to keep the fronts, although if I have to take them out can they be switched off?

Evo
No pretensioners on the rear. I'd simply leave the front buckle in rather than tart about with the light. I tried it with resistors and couldn't get it off. Found the best option to open up the dials and block the service and airbag lamp out.

Clio Sport 197
Cheers Ben, just what I wanted to hear with the rear seatbelts! I'm hoping I can leave the front belts in but I have a feeling my cage is going to leave no room at all, as it looks like it will run very close to the pillars.

Evo
I can't remember whether it's the 182 or 197 that has the pretensioners on the buckle allowing you to remove the seatbelt. I've stripped too many clios lol!

Clio Sport 197
Lol how can I tell? If it was only the buckle part that's attached to the recaro id be the happiest man alive lol