ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Recaro's

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Went to have a poke around some 197's yesterday with intent to buy. The car that caught my eye ( and heart ) has the optional Recaros fitted which I was adamant I couldn't live with on a daily basis, but how wrong can you be!! Anyway, to cut to the chase the right hand side bolster ( the squab) is worn through which I believe is the norm. Can you buy new covers? Is so how much roughly and where from?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
£300ish from Renault/capital seating iirc. I'd it just the cover that's worn or is the foam worn too?

does it have the cup chassis?

when I first got my r27 (cup chassis and recaros) I s**t myself at the harshness of the ride, I thought I was going to be crippled lol, but you soon get used to it :)

Alibi Blue Clio 197
I went along really thinking that I'd hate the Recaros, and guessing on a day to day basis that I wouldn't be able to live with them. Car is a non-Cup so a bit more give on the bouncy stuff and they really pinned me in the car. But in fairness they were really comfortable and no issue. It's just the cover that has worn through and the foam is ok. But it's only the right hand side bolster on the bit you sit on. The back rests are mint.

Audi A5
Very common fault. Mine are exactly the same. If you keep your eye on eBay the covers come up quite often. Another option is to get a pro to refurbish them, Steve@R-sport on here offers this service.

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Very common fault. Mine are exactly the same. If you keep your eye on eBay the covers come up quite often. Another option is to get a pro to refurbish them, Steve@R-sport on here offers this service.

That was my thinking Bobby to be honest. It's annoying as the rest of the seat and the passenger seat are mint. :S

E92 325D
And Renault didn't fix this issue throughout the life cycle of the 197 and 200. Jokers.

Poor isnt it.

However. If you are aware of the issue, you soon learn to hop over the bolster.

30k on, my drivers side has NO wear.....the passenger side however is starting to wear thin. Amatuers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Poor isnt it.

However. If you are aware of the issue, you soon learn to hop over the bolster.

30k on, my drivers side has NO wear.....the passenger side however is starting to wear thin. Amatuers.

I get the piss taken out of me for how I get in my car... People aren't allowed in unless they do the same on the passenger side lol

​swap the seat bases over to minimise wear 2):)

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Are the covers easy to change or do you need to have had a fifty year apprenticeship at Bentley Motors to sort them?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
68k on mine, passenger side was repaired by Steve @ R-Sport, drivers side is JUST starting to wear thin. I think mine have lasted well tbh.