ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Recaro's in 1*2?

Tav

Clio 197
Has the Recaro CS seats that are so popular these days ever found their way into a 1*2? They are lush, not sure how they'd suit the older cars though...thoughts?

600_00006867_tcm2-92378.jpg

Trophy #490
Brilliant seats, loved them when I drove an R27.
Are these the same as the one's fitted to the new Focus RS by the way?

Tav

Clio 197
They are fitted to so many cars these days and you can buy them at various price points from Recaro, I'd assume that Recaro seats + recaro 182 base = do-able? Would just be like buying Trendlines or Speeds from them?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Easy if you have the right ones, they are just airbagged versions of the aftermarket seats recaro make.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
should be easy enough to do. would just be a case of having the correct subframe no?

Burgandy 174 sport t
Had the vee in at Rentech yesterday to fit my new seats, waited 5 long weeks for the subframes to arrive so was chuffed to bits it was finally getting done. About an hour after dropping the car off Mike phoned me up to say they will never fit in a million years. Totally Gutted!!!
Basically the subframes are an integral part of the seat, you cant just whip them off and put new ones on. Mike said if they were his seats he could have done it by cutting the subframes but he wasnt willing to do it to someone elses property incase they got damaged, fair enough.

I hope this post saves people a bit of time, money and hassle, I dont think i'm the first person to fail at this particular seat conversion.

Good news is I have decided to buy some brand new Sportster CS's as I've already forked out almost £200 on runners for them.

For those that cant log in!

As long as you can get a flat base and fit the recaro/clio subframes at the same width they will fit. The evo recaros I have in my car had a lot of material I had to grind off and mill flat in order to get the recaro subframe to sit perfect.

As long as this distance (image below) is outer to outer edge 17", inner to inner edge 16" wide they will go in fine.

img18%20copy.jpg

Of course if the 197 recaros have a brand new type of base then this will all be irrelevant.

Tav

Clio 197
I got a login for V6 clio.net but still can't view the pics, can someone post links up to them?