ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 pistons into 172

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
An ECU remap, I think bloke said on here, without one you'll be putting a hole in a piston.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has 197 pistons, in 182 block and 182 head, with 197 cams like Chris mentioned.

Mine’s using the three prong spark plugs, not sure I’m right in saying, but I think because they’re cooler because it’s now high comp with the pistons.

@bloke built mine so I’m sure he can give you more insight.

dan's cast offs.
Had a natter to Chris about plugs and decided to go for the 197 plugs, can't remember why we decided that though, was more than a day ago sorry!!!

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I was also advised to run clio 197 spark plugs when increase the CR to 11.5:1 like 197 clio.
@Niall , have you dyno you car? I have parts for making the same engine, but need some feedback.

Thanks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
somebody (James Bryan) on FB page mentioned using PFR7Z-TG for High comp

Yes they are the plugs to use. They're 197/200/225/R26 plugs.

I was also advised to run clio 197 spark plugs when increase the CR to 11.5:1 like 197 clio.
@Niall , have you dyno you car? I have parts for making the same engine, but need some feedback.

Thanks

His car is running and has already done one trackday.

dan's cast offs.
This is niall's graph.

20180919_185351.jpg

Will be having a play with exhaust cam timing on it at some point as we reckon we can get a bit more out of it.

Clio mk2
Hey all am new to the page but learning alot from it from long time I ve had close project my engine is forged OE crank 1.8 16v f4p/f4r block 760 from Laguna mk1 ph2 now I want to swap 197 pistons to my stock rods which is 143.76mm
f3r with 0.65 gasket my cams non vvt f4r style generally the result will be leading me to the 11:1 cr instead of mine is 9.8:1 cr
There will be different in the cam degree or I ll stay on same timing I ll use the 172 maps with some tunes for sure