ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Or 182?

Kinsella said:
i have yet to see the 197 trophy, the 197 cup looks too much of a track car to drive on the road.

That's because it is a track car. It's for the Clio Cup race series. The press/promotional cars seem to have headlamps though - not sure if that means much, probably to keep an association with the road cars. IMO it's 100% certain that a Cup will surface though.

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Go for the 197 if you can offord it. When the two are parked next to each other there's no comparison. The 197 looks superb, I'm afraid the old shape clio looks dated already ...

MINI JCW
If you are thinking of spending 16k+ then I wouldnt even consider the 182.

If I was spending that money I wouldnt go for the 197 as i feel there are better options i.e 225, ST etc

Clio 172 mk2
darrensn said:
Go for the 197 if you can offord it. When the two are parked next to each other there's no comparison. The 197 looks superb, I'm afraid the old shape clio looks dated already ...

Agree

I still think the 172/182 is a great looking car but the 197 definately moves things on:D

just had a 2nd 197 test drive today, this time it had 2.5k miles on it so not exactly brand new

still a bit gutless low down, but keep it going and its plenty quick enough, brand new, warranty, interior is a league above imo, there is not even the hint of a quick in the 197, I made sure i was relaxed, and its definitely a good car no doubt, just depends on what you want, personally I love my toys , and i like the car the more I drive it, I decided once the recaros are launched Im ordering one in red hehe :D