ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 noticibly quicker than 172?

ValverInBits
i've had all 3 (172, 182, 197) , dont think there is anything in it, but the 197 sounds better.

thats true.

But the 172 is a tiny bit faster, faster still in cup and Ph1 forms, and convincingly quicker in "markcup" form (i reckon ;))

ST
Fact...182 bhp vs 197...clearly the 197 is faster, end of story lock thread..lol

NOT!!

Nothing in it at all...my 197 is a 'quick' one, played with various 172/182's, pretty much evens..

I've also owned a 182 and now have a 197..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Evens. I think the ph1's are quicker though, was very surprised by the ph1 on the NW run.

My 182 was definately more 'fun' to drive, but think thats because I was used to it.. If i was returning to the CS fold, it'd be to an R27.. Just felt like a better car

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Horses for courses. 182 has more 'feel', but less refinement. R27 the obvious.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I can't really remember how fast a 1*2 felt as it's been a while, so in true CS fashion I'm just gonna answer a related question that no one asked - My 197 is *exactly* the same in a straight line as my mates Corsa VXR - but I could get round the roundabout we were 180ing round before the drag quicker. On the roundabout, when I lead, I pulled away a bit, when he lead, I had to back off a bit :).

So in the 1*2 comparison, I think whichever got on the power first would win assuming drivers were about equal. If either missed a gear, they'd lose, the difference is close enough that you'll get some people who have trounced the other from each side.

Leeds_182 - you're hardly a n00b! You must've seen this done before ;)?