ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Mpg, miles per tank.

Turbo LY R27
What do you get from yours? Mine drinks it! Struggle to keep it at about 28mpg. And to be honest i dont really drive it that hard either. Thinkin about gettin cheap 306 dturbo as work run around to keep miles and expenses down.

Just curious to see what you guys and girls get?

Mk4 .:R32
When I test drove one it averaged 27MPG, thats without booting it too much as well. I'll go ask my bro what he gets

Turbo LY R27
Yeah thats about what i get, my 182 did about 40mpg at 70mph. My r27 has the old gearbox tho not the revised ratios.

Mk4 .:R32
what reg is your R27 mate? my bros is a 56 so not sure if that was before they revised the gear ratios

Turbo LY R27
Mines a 57 reg, the new ratios have all been built standard as of the 8th of october, thats what ive read on here b4. There were some r27s that did have the new gearbox but i think it was the last 50/60 in production i think?

Clio 197
25 or 26 but i do short journeys. On long journeys i get a little better but struggle to get 32. Im thinking about chopping it in after christmas for something else.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
around town mine sits at 22mpg. Not a bit more, not a bit less.

On a run, about 29 mpg.

RS 200
Get around 22-23 going to and from work which is a couple is junctions down the motorway there and back. Cant say I've seen it go over 30 tbh, even on a longish motorway journey.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Last night i put £10 and tonight on the way back from my nans, the trip counter clicked over 55 miles, BANG! there she was, the fuel light in all her glory!!

This obviously doesn't take into account reserve fuel

I'm really thinking about getting a Fiat Cinquecento, as a runaround.
A friend of mine lent me hers for a few weeks a couple of years back. I'd sold my Mini and was waiting for the 182 to turn up and it sure beat shanks' pony, so I bit her hand off and borrowed it.

At the time I put £17 worth of fuel in and got just over 300 miles from it.
The performance wise it wasN'T awesome 0 - 60 in 18 secs and 39bhp. Nice.
DSC00114a.jpg

weapon!

to be honest im lucky to see over 26mpg in my 182 around town, so the 197s arent a million miles behind

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
getting around 23-24 in mine mainly due to the misses comuting to work and back during peak hours... keep telling her i'd happily buy her a push bike but she declines!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Get around 25MPG around city. Averaging 28MPG with using the first 3 gears to max then more or less cruising at 60-80 mph using the other gears.

TeZ

Non RS : (
Get around 25MPG around city. Averaging 28MPG with using the first 3 gears to max then more or less cruising at 60-80 mph using the other gears.

Yes but you do drive like a lady

that charger fits BTW...just need to get it in when im driving lol

Tangoed Works
heavy weight ^^^, imo the performance of the 197 does not add up to its fuel economy. i would feel bumped if i had bought one.

182 economy / performance ratio is higher than i expected when i got it.

Clio 172 Mk2
i used to own a cinquecento. jesus that thing used to run on fresh air, used to put a tenner in a week and it would take me anywhere. used to be so embarrassing though when in a multi story car park and the fan would kick in all the time, you could here it from miles off. awesome runabout though!!

White 197
Ours was doing approx 27 but since a remap and a puncture repair it is doing 28/29.

That is also with it being driven quite hard, so overall were quite happy with it.

heavy weight ^^^, imo the performance of the 197 does not add up to its fuel economy. i would feel bumped if i had bought one.

182 economy / performance ratio is higher than i expected when i got it.

I would say it's more to do with the gear ratios. If you drive a 197 like a pansy (ie changing gear when you hit 3k rpm) then it ain't much different than a 182.

The engine note of the 197 is so addictive to listen to when it's running over 5k rpm, so you just tend not to shift up a gear.

MG ZS180 Mk2
my R27 is on 1400 miles and averages about 24mpg. Short journeys. Although a 270 mile motorway trip saw an average of 27.8. That was an average speed of 100 (kmh honestly officer).

Never mind. Its only money.

Well I've got a nice run to Cornwall this Friday, for a long weekend with the girlfriend. So no doubt I can kiss goodbye to a 100 quid's worth of fuel.

I am only getting about 90/100 miles to £20 the trip computer is on 20/21mpg ish most of the time i did get 26mpg when i went to bristol last week and i got 180 miles out of £30 with that run

My 172 used to get about the same mpg as my 197.

Town driving gives about 27mpg according to the trip computer, rising to 33mpg or so with longer runs. It only has 2,500 miles on the clock though - it'll be better come 10k.

The only difference I notice so far is that the variability of fuel consumption is less in the 197; my 172 could get up to the mid 40s if I was super gentle - it's very difficult to break through 40mpg in the 197 so far.

Still - what's the fuss about? This is all very respectable fuel economy for a hot hatch!!

What do you get from yours? Mine drinks it! Struggle to keep it at about 28mpg. And to be honest i dont really drive it that hard either. Thinkin about gettin cheap 306 dturbo as work run around to keep miles and expenses down.

You're buying a cheap run about as a second car to a chuffing 197 lol, heard it all now!

Turbo LY R27

You're buying a cheap run about as a second car to a chuffing 197 lol, heard it all now!

Right?......Whats your point then?:rolleyes: