ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Lux

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
anyone got one, not seen any snaps of any on here and they seem rare as hens teeth used!

Seemingly full leather and an array of goodies and can still be spec'd with the cup chassis, however list price was £16,995 :eek:

Oh and better looking than the pup 200!

:lolup:

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
yeh they do seem rare, I was looking for one myself. tend to find more cars spec'd to that level than lux's themselves. Not a fan of the silver trims though TBH

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
there was one on rsport website at a stealer with no miles on a 59 reg, but its gone.

I quite like the look of them and the rare factor, finding one aint easy though.

LY 200
What come with the lux that didnt the normal?

Was it just standard trim coated in leather or the Recaros?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
What come with the lux that didnt the normal?

Was it just standard trim coated in leather or the Recaros?

Renault said:
The new Clio Renaultsport 197 Lux features leather upholstery and automatic climate control, worth £2,000 as individual options. The Lux costs £16,995 - £1,000 more than the standard version.
The Lux also boasts automatic headlamps, automatic wipers, cornering lights, extra tinted rear windows, a 60W radio MP3 CD player, Renaultsport carpet mats and satin chrome finish to the fascia air vents.
Outside, the Lux can be identified by brushed aluminium ‘Raider’ alloy wheels and a satin chrome finish to the door mirrors and to the air extraction grilles in the front wings.
The Clio Renaultsport 197 Lux is available in a choice of Ultra Red, Racing Blue, Renault i.d. Glacier White (£150), metallic Deep Black (£375) or metallic Albi Blue (£375). Further optional equipment available are electrically folding door mirrors (£100), an electrically operated panoramic sunroof (£600), xenon headlamps (£550), Speedline wheels in either white or black (£100) or the Cup chassis (£400).

pure shite they didnt do it in nimbus imo.:nono:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
im trying to find a pic of the interior, iirc the leather was pretty well padded and was a crisscross stitching pattern with heavy bold white lines in it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it the multi spoke alloys or the cup racer style ones?

I seen a white one with diamond cut multi spoke alloys not sure if that was a lux.

NewImage.jpg

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
multi spoke chappies, like the R27 basically but in the chrome finish.

The interior imo is very very smart.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the meg had criss cross stiching Chic.

How good will the renault leather keep up day to day. I'd like to see one that's been used quite a bit.

LY 200
£550 for Xenons! No wonder not many 197's had them as an option! lol

For what is called the lux its still pretty bare on what else is available as options!

That leather DOES look nice though!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
there was one on rsport website at a stealer with no miles on a 59 reg, but its gone.

I quite like the look of them and the rare factor, finding one aint easy though.

I was offered that car, but at a price!!

Nice spec the Lux. Would have looked great in Petrol Blue

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
I think the meg had criss cross stiching Chic.

How good will the renault leather keep up day to day. I'd like to see one that's been used quite a bit.

negative, my megane lux had the full leather and didnt have the cross stitching.

The leather wore not bad, but typical renault mine after 23k miles and 2 years it was marked in some parts at the lines in the base of the seat and had a few wee black marks/dots across it, which were bearly noticeable, but lead me to believe that like the melted steering wheel it wasnt entirely 'leather' :S

Key is 'feeding' the leather and avoiding wearing jeans. If I had been keeping the car any longer id have probably stuck covers on the seats as they get wrecked otherwise.

RB 197 fatty
im trying to find a pic of the interior, iirc the leather was pretty well padded and was a crisscross stitching pattern with heavy bold white lines in it.

nein think it was just as in the pic, but i know what your on about.... because ive got them! Prob one of my favourite parts of the car! ..and mine are heated! its just how i rolll!!!! :cool:

n703056402_1907335_2283.jpg

RB 197 fatty
mine is 3 years old this month btw, with 32000 miles and its still in top condition, just a few what id call 'slight wrinkles' on the boulster bit where my fat arse drags across it. no more wear than any other manufacturers leather id say!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Every leather seat is going to have some wear or marks even after 5k-10kmiles.

32,00 is good going.

Any pics of your RB?

RB 197 fatty
Every leather seat is going to have some wear or marks even after 5k-10kmiles.

32,00 is good going.

Any pics of your RB?

yeah i reckon so... bit dutty mind, need a clean

pics??? ....oh go on then! unfortunately im noooo photographer!

7be5fc9b-75a7-4673-9109-ddd8d5e3ccc.jpg

91755651-6a54-42c2-97f8-430469f13d8.jpg

b32f4a35-6848-475b-ad82-570bf4e6c4b.jpg

b1076f48-cb6b-47dc-bd71-15d7b355af4.jpg

..... Im all over getting white wheels for the summer :cool::cool::cool:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're goin the wrong way with the colour they need to be dark to work with the rb mate, minus the sticker aswell ;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nein think it was just as in the pic, but i know what your on about.... because ive got them! Prob one of my favourite parts of the car! ..and mine are heated! its just how i rolll!!!! :cool:

n703056402_1907335_2283.jpg
smart that.

is the wee button the corner for the 'heat'? Pretty crap location for it if it is.

RB 197 fatty
smart that.

is the wee button the corner for the 'heat'? Pretty crap location for it if it is.

really? i think considering it was an after factory fitted system theres no better place, without having to rip up more interior of the car to get it on the dash??? i dunno. causes me no trouble there tbh

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
fair enough, as you say saves a blank on the dash, the megane switch was on the hand brake lever.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
^ they look massive compared to the recaro's! No doubt that there comfy though