ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 key card?

Iceburg silver 172
just bought a 197 but only has one key card, how much am i looking roughly to get a new one? thanks

Mazda 6 sport
I've just collected my 197 today and have the same issue. Dales in redruth wanted £250 (approx as the bloke was just guestimating), and Millers Falmouth quoted £162 inc VAT for key and coding. Hope i can find somewhere for £170 for 2...

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I've just collected my 197 today and have the same issue. Dales in redruth wanted £250 (approx as the bloke was just guestimating), and Millers Falmouth quoted £162 inc VAT for key and coding. Hope i can find somewhere for £170 for 2...

You'd probably want to get the car recoded if possible. Someone could nick the car back and ruin it.

Mazda 6 sport
Well the last owner was in wolverhampton and i live in cornwall, so hopefully things will be fine. I believe when the new key is coded they disable the 'missing' key

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nope, not unless you ask them to decode any old/missing keys (although a decent dealer should ask you).

Renault are looking in to ways to make key programming faster and there are talks about them being sent out pre-coded shortly to registered dealerships however they do offer a service set which is not £250+ so I'd try another dealer that isn't going to rip you off.

Mazda 6 sport
Yeh i mean i was happy with the £162 quote as i expected the figure to be around this price. Only got a choice of 2 dealers being this far south so may well get it booked.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
TBH it's not a bad price. Lose a key for a proper German car and see how much they are!

Mazda 6 sport
yeh exactly. coming from a japanese car parts weren't exactly cheap for that....is it worth going for 2 new keys at once though to get a discount or would it make no odds do you think?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd go for two new ones and keep the existing key to (never hurts to have a spare spare).

Just get them to deallocate any cards not present.

Mazda 6 sport
Just ordered now, £210 delivered and coded for 2 keys, £50 cheaper than a dealer only 5miles away! Seemed silly not to get 2 when it was only an extra £45, plus they can keep my 3rd as a spare and delete the 'lost' key! thanks for your advice though Mick, really appreciate it