ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Insurance

Tesla MP3 2021
As I will soon be in my 197 I just want to see if I can get a better quote that I currently have.

Young people on here (21) on a 197 with low NCB, what you paying??

Ta

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
my gerneral rule of thumb

0, 1, 2 yrs NCB elephant, bell, admeral

3 NCB Churchill

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
that is a bit surprising, but might as well try greenlight and adrian flux

Tesla MP3 2021
Greenlight didnt work out (cant remember) and Adrian Flux wouldnt quote because I am not the registered keeper and becuase of my age.

ST
Your not the registered keeper?

Bit odd.

Agreed..

I'm 23, was 22 when i insured mine..£840 with privilege, Glasgow post code, garaged, 2 years NCB, 50/50 accident back in 2005, myself as policy holder, mum named and gf named driver..

Tesla MP3 2021
£1600 with Churchill which is pretty good imo but as said above I am just looking to see if I can get it cheaper and the ones that I thought I would have had a chance with I have faced problems with - i.e Adrian Flux and not being the registered keeper / being 21.

ST
LOL, aswell some conpanies would insure me on a R27 and not a std 197.. WTF!!!!

Some dont have a clue about the 197 variants...one women at elephant on the phone said 'is that the one with the engine in the back' when i was doing quotes ffs!!

ST
LOL, aswell some conpanies would insure me on a R27 and not a std 197.. WTF!!!!

Some dont have a clue about the 197 variants...one women at elephant on the phone said 'is that the one with the engine in the back' when i was doing quotes ffs!!

Tesla MP3 2021
lol.... Yep tell me about. The amount of tools I have spoke to over the phone is unreal!!

Lee

BMW M2C
Your not the registered keeper?

Bit odd.

Why is it. My rents bought the car.

I didn't think you were allowed to be the policy holder on a car not registered in your name?

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/com...-that-is-not-registered-in-your-nam-6494.aspx

It may vary from company to company, but a few years back a friend of mine let me borrow a Valver for a while. My insurance wouldn't touch it as it wasn't registered to me, so my mate insured it and had to put me on as a named driver.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why is it. My rents bought the car.

I didn't think you were allowed to be the policy holder on a car not registered in your name?

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/com...-that-is-not-registered-in-your-nam-6494.aspx

It may vary from company to company, but a few years back a friend of mine let me borrow a Valver for a while. My insurance wouldn't touch it as it wasn't registered to me, so my mate insured it and had to put me on as a named driver.

Thats what i though.

Also if they bought it for you why aren't you the registered owner and they pay the finance?

Tesla MP3 2021
Because my rents are sorting the finance we were told that one of them i.e my dad would have to be the registered keeper. It does very for each company but the ones I have been looking at it doesnt matter that a parent is the registered keeper.