ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Inlets

LY R27
Is it worth getting the 197 inlets matched?

Also is it worth it, in terms of increase etc?

Who can do this?

Thanks

Focus RS Mk1
anyone who does the current 1*2 inlets will do them. i think originally they are much better than the 1*2 versions but possibly still room for improvement.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Id be willing to carry out this modification on a 197, would need a car for a day, would do before and after runs.

Anyone local to northampton?

I've done this several times now, its part of my standard prep for X85 Cup Endurance Race Car engine packages.

The standard match is poor between the two cast halfs of the manifold and there is a fair bit of room for improvement. You need to be aware its not just a case of opening it up to the gasket shape as the standard gaskets are massive to (as far as I can tell) aid assembly/remove the risk of port intrusion.

I have a pattern now that I work to and hand machine the manifolds accordingly. There are much better ways to do it than this though, namely CNC and its something that Ben at Angel Works is working on at the moment.

Cheers
M

Best speak to Ben for dates. I'm leaving a head and inlet manifold with him in Jan so he can pattern and write the CNC for it.

Cheers
M