ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 injector issues.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
One of the last things on my to-do list is sort out my injectors constantly failing/faulting and sending me in to limp mode.

Can sometimes be in limp as soon as I turn the car on, sometimes it could take a few miles, sometimes I can drive for days before it happens. There isn't any regular pattern. I'm not even sure booting it sets it off any worse.
Injectors have been tested and appear to be working fine.
I plugged it in to RSTuner & CLiP and get these results with both:

shuJkf1.png

Throttle/Pedal position sensor shouldn't/wouldn't cause the ECU to think the injectors have failed - would they?

What are your lots opinions? Knock sensor needing replacing?

Cheers

PH2 172
No codes for injectors actually showing. Yeah, struggle to get to 20mph

A lot of PH2`s have similar erratic problems, especially the throttle sensor position switch circuit (P120?) code.
This is often because of corrosion in the engine bay wiring loom as opposed to any fault with components.
Perhaps 197`s are reaching an age when they are having similar problems.
Mick at Diamond is a top man for sorting these electrical gremlins and has seen it all before.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
A lot of PH2`s have similar erratic problems, especially the throttle sensor position switch circuit (P120?) code.
This is often because of corrosion in the engine bay wiring loom as opposed to any fault with components.
Perhaps 197`s are reaching an age when they are having similar problems.
Mick at Diamond is a top man for sorting these electrical gremlins and has seen it all before.
Yeah, been speaking with Mick. Problem is, I can't get the car there. If worst comes to worst and I need to trailer it I will but for the time being going to try and see if I can sort it. Don't want to be throwing wasted money at it in the same respect tho.

dan's cast offs.
the later ones can bring up injector warnings but think it might be lost in translation from french. sounds like throttle issue and codes back it up. would check the usual connectors first.

PH2 172
Yeah, been speaking with Mick. Problem is, I can't get the car there. If worst comes to worst and I need to trailer it I will but for the time being going to try and see if I can sort it. Don't want to be throwing wasted money at it in the same respect tho.
Daft as it seems, pumping the accelerator pedal a few times with the ignition off, if the limp mode light comes on before attempting starting seems to clear it.
Or switching ignition off/on if on the move.
A bit 80`s F1 I know. but I guess what`s what we`ve got palmed off with.
Mine would always drive normally up to 3k revs/60mph @ 53 mpg in limp mode.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Daft as it seems, pumping the accelerator pedal a few times with the ignition off, if the limp mode light comes on before attempting starting seems to clear it.
Or switching ignition off/on if on the move.
A bit 80`s F1 I know. but I guess what`s what we`ve got palmed off with.
Mine would always drive normally up to 3k revs/60mph @ 53 mpg in limp mode.
The only way I've managed to get mine to turn off at the minute mate is engine off and back on. That's awkward when it happens on a motorway!

PH2 172
The only way I've managed to get mine to turn off at the minute mate is engine off and back on. That's awkward when it happens on a motorway!
Know what you mean.
Doesn`t seem to happen on the back roads when you use the throttles an on/off switch.