ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 F1 Recaro repair?

E class AMG Sport
It's a long shot but I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the material for the bolster on the Recaro seats in the Clio F1's? I have phoned Renault & Recaro and they didn't know....

The bolster has started to wear and I have someone who can repair it but just need the material.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

E class AMG Sport
Do you know how much a seat base would cost from Renault? That might be the easier option.

It's out of warranty.

M135i
I don't unfortunately. If you pm Wests Renault, Tom should be able to help you out. Let me know how you get on. I've just had mine replaced under warranty, cars only done 19k.

^ How much of a struggle did you have with Renault to get it replaced? I assume you mean the bottom side bolster next to your right leg?

M135i
JCC, yes I mean the same. I turned up, said 'it's buggered' they ordered a new one. Easy in that respect, however it took the grand total of 2 and half months to be sent to the dealership!!!!

Was yours worn right through or just tatty looking? Sorry for the questions, my local dealer is an Arnold Clark which I'm expecting will be completely useless on the subject!

M135i
JCC, not a problem, happy to help. Mine was just tatty looking. either way, it shouldn't be tatty OR worn through at this mileage!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Just an aside on this-

I Purchased a recaro seat cover the other day from capitol seating for 40 quid but paid the extra fiver for the recaro logo on the cover--

once its done I would say thats one of the best £45 quid you could spend on the car....

S

M135i
Steve, hero as ever. Which fabric was it and was it off the website? And how about the silly sponge stuff thats between the bolster and fabric?

JCC, not a problem, happy to help. Mine was just tatty looking. either way, it shouldn't be tatty OR worn through at this mileage!

You're right, mine is on 4k and is pretty crappy looking already, was worn when I bought it with 150 miles on the clock, obviously from lazy salesmen getting in and out.

Steve, re the Recaro seat cover, is it easy enough to slip on and off? I use a seat cover during the week for work but I always take it off at weekends, think it's a bit of a shame to have such awesome looking seats and keep them covered up all the time.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yes very easy to get off.....

just looks the part when you look through the window

Steve

E class AMG Sport
Come to think of it the actual bolster is worn so replacing the base wouldn't solve this. Unless I get the actual material im not sure what I can do....