ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cups or Trophys????

Has there been any news at all on whether there is going to be any?? I love my 172 cup i dont really want to ever get rid to be honest but would definately be interested in one of the above if they will ever exist??

So does anyone know if Renault are going to do any?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Think how long it took to get the trophy??

172, 172mk2, 172mk Cup, 182, 182 Cup, 182 Trophy.

Going to be at least 3 or 4 years as 197 is only just starting off.

May get more power & less weight pretty soon as it's getting slated by the opposition.

cock mobile.
There will be versions at some point.

I would expect to see a variant soon, from what I can see the 197 isn't shifting well, but then I don't work for Reno.

Just because the Trophy was the last of the Mk2 Renault Sport clio's doesn't mean it will be the last of the Mk3s, could be the next for all we know.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
there's nothing to say they will follow the same structure though. For example, Ph1 Megane 225, Ph1 Megane 225 TROPHY, Ph2 Megane 225. Just because they've done it before, doesn't necessarily mean they will do it again.

Lee

BMW M2C
Next up for the 197 is a Cup suspension package which will be stiffer than the standard car.

Think how long it took to get the trophy??

172, 172mk2, 172mk Cup, 182, 182 Cup, 182 Trophy.

Going to be at least 3 or 4 years as 197 is only just starting off.

May get more power & less weight pretty soon as it's getting slated by the opposition.

Well looks like i will have time to save then! And as far as getting slated, i really hope they make it quicker cause doesnt my 172 cup accelerate faster and have more top end than these new standard 197's????

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its seems to me that people come on here all too often saying "I want to change for a 197 if they do a cup version", then they soon change their tune "isn't a 197 slower than my 172?" which is it?? It became very clear to me (and many others) during the 197 test-drive that it lacked pace, this I believe is something that will never change significantly until the complete change of the car again, that's why I went for the 225 (that and the fact I got a great spec 225 for std spec 197 money).

Clio 182 + Recaros
I still haven't seen a 197 on the road !! It would be interesting to know how many units Renault have shifted.

172 cup
if a french car isnt significantly cheaper than the opposition, why would you buy one
it would have to lose a lot of weight to apeal as much as the true cup version

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IMHO, its slower than the older cars 172/182, that was Renault's BIGGEST mistake, it would seem they are trying to market the car as more of a better handling car than anything, unfortunately that doesn't cut it, the tarket market wanted a faster car first and foremost, that wasn't delivered. Hence what would appear to be poor sales, I must admit even I am quite suprised by the lack of 197 owners on the forum, especially now the car has been around a while.

106 GTi
As standard the 197 feels stable and handles well, let down by the silly light steering though, can a cup pack replace this please.