ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Colours

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Hi Dudes,

Quick question, are the colours on the 197 the same as the 197 F1's.

For example they do both a blue and a red 197 and 197 F1, but are they the same blue/red?

Question i ask, i'm looking at buying a Red/Blue 197 and want to add the F1 Stickers and do the wheels anthracite(because i've been saving to buy the car outright and cant afford the F1 as budget is £8k) and so if the colours are the same i presume it will be hard to tell the difference...minus the seats(but they might come later ;))

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, Albi Blue--Ultra Red---Pearl Black---Nimbus Silver/grey---LY-RB
Think that was the 27 colours

Glacier white was 197/cup colour.

Last edited:
  Barge
You'll find a refurb place won't be able to match the correct anthracite colour on the R27 wheels. I got a refurb through Renault and they came back the Trophy anthracite colour which is metallic compared to the more matt anthracite finish on the R27. I'm yet to find the correct paint code.

The stickers are available - but they're costly, IIRC.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I forgot RB :(

Stickers are costly I think I gave you a price in your thread needy just for the bumper it was £50 iirc.

Swift Sport
You'll find a refurb place won't be able to match the correct anthracite colour on the R27 wheels. I got a refurb through Renault and they came back the Trophy anthracite colour which is metallic compared to the more matt anthracite finish on the R27. I'm yet to find the correct paint code.

I've heard this too, difficult to match the exact shade of grey apparently.

I found it hard to mate even the anthracite on the wheels of my old RB cup, i ended up using rover stone grey, it was very close but still not quite right. I've also had the same problem on my Astra wheels, ended up having the two on the same side done so you can't tell.

I don't mind though as long as all 4 wheels are the same and the colour is 'similar'. Whenever ive seen red 197's they look slightly dull but a red 197 passes me everyday and its so bright :cool:, thats the reason i asked.

Are the 197 stickers on eBay not genuine then, £30ish for the bumper/sides and £40 ish for the roof? Im happy to pay up to £100 for them. Its still better than the extra £2000 for and ACTUAL F1,lol.

Mini Cooper S
Why do you want to trick people into thinking you have an F1? If I bought an F1 197, I'd remove the stickers tbh...not a fan of them!

Why do you want to trick people into thinking you have an F1? If I bought an F1 197, I'd remove the stickers tbh...not a fan of them!

LOL, i don't want to 'trick' people into thinking i have an F1.

I just personally think they look better with the stickers/anthracite wheels.

In THIS order..Nimbus, Albi Blue, Ultra red, Liquid Yellow, Black, Racing Blue.

Is that the order they were released...hence the Racing Blue ones being more expensive as they are newer(08) and the Blue/Red being cheaper as they are older(07)?

Clio 1970000000
Is that the order they were released...hence the Racing Blue ones being more expensive as they are newer(08) and the Blue/Red being cheaper as they are older(07)?

No it means that Nimbus is the best colour.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

If you do find the colour PM me, the 182 wheels have seen better days

ST
Cup packs were avails as an option as of 07 plates onwards IIRC.

Red BREMBO calipers and anthracite wheels give it away mate, tho if possible go for an R27, a bit more special, certainly more rare and you get Recaro's as standard too.

just pay the extra for the F1 imo will hold its resale slightly better aswell, roof sticker is apparently 600 quid according to a local bodyshop. the stickers are quite thick and have a texture to them, pretty sure the ebay ones will just be cheap vinyl

Ultra Red Clio 197
I bought an ultra red 197 2 weeks ago, had the option of a black 197 f1 but tbh thought the stickers would be a pain the ass to polish around and after a while i'd get probably get sick of them. Plus the Recaro's looked like they would have holes on the sides in no time! I like the anthracite alloys and red brembo calipers so im going to have them painted soon... post up the colour code for the anthracite if you find it!