ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 car alarm??

Nimbus 197
why does it go off all the time?? anybody else have this problem?? also anyone no how to fix it? x x

Nimbus 197
it does it everywherei gooo!! even like 3hours after ive not touched it... then does it again in an hour or soo.. but il check the interior lights.. but i dowt i have im not that sillly lool

White clique
i've had this recently with my car, never happened on my 197 but BMW reckon it could be something to do with the way I arm the alarm if i've just closed the boot.

Probs just sensitive, pretty sure the sensitivity can be adjusted by renault.

Fiesta STripes
I had this problem too.

But when I shut the windows, it stopped.

The alarm kept going off when there was a moth in the car!!!

Nimbus 197
do u recon it could be the air freshner swinging around.. the wind has been quite strong x

A3 Tdi
do u recon it could be the air freshner swinging around.. the wind has been quite strong x

Possibly!
When i had my toad alarm fitted, the fitter told me i may get false alarms in some heavy weather conditions.

Megane Mk4
Try shutting all your air vents for the heating, sometimes they've been known for setting off alarms. Failing that, take it back to the stealers for de-sensitivity.

Black 197
Megs is your alarm quiet ?

My old 182 could wake the dead when going off, I've heard my 197 once and it was about as loud as my mobile phone TBH ??

Is anyone else's 197 alarm dead quiet ?

Nimbus 197
Megs is your alarm quiet ?

My old 182 could wake the dead when going off, I've heard my 197 once and it was about as loud as my mobile phone TBH ??

Is anyone else's 197 alarm dead quiet ?

NO ITS BLOODY LOUD.. lool.. its only done it once since ive taken the air freshner out tho... loool... it may be that my key is to close to the car aswell ive heard... x

clio sport f1 r27
its located in the boot not outside and verry verry quiet unless a door is open or a window smashed so in theory it should do its job.