ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 at Ipswich

U/R 200
At last, drove by last nite to see a silver 197 in the window, working all week so have to wait till saturday to have a good look at it, £15995, but one on display was £17000.

Im guessing a few extras, cant help thinking me trophy's looking old now, nooooo.

Racin Blue 182
They ain't gonna sell many at £17k - more like £14k. I'm sure the 172/182 were a similar high price (in relation to actual selling price) when first released.....

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Tyson-182 said:
Just get a Megane 225 Cup and pocket £5K!!!

What are Renault playing at?

Tyson.

I totally agree with you there! I'd much rather have the 225 and some extra dosh to play with than spend it all on a 197. Something tells me they are not going to sell many at that price, but seems like the 225 will sell pretty well.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ there isnt any atm.

17k is too much, id rather wait and get a later edition clio 197, with increased spec and pay less for it.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
You could get a VX220 Turbo for that price. A car that could keep up with practically anything, or a shopping trolley. Hard decision that one.

Ad, I went in number 25 lightning yellow VX in le mans. By god they are quick. (I know the special edition was basically just a colour, but thought I would let you know anyway!)

Elise/VX220/R26
you would literally have to be a lunatic if you spent 17k on a 197 when you can get a fully loaded meg for 15k, I would have to personally come and shoot anyone that was stupid enough to do such a thing :D

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Go over to the Renaultsport forum and you will find some muppets who have spent 18k on one. It really is such a daft price for the car. Fair enough it may be better than the 182, but 18k? The range of better cars for that money is rediculous. You could get a 330ci bmw, vx220 turbo as i said before, tvr griffith, jag xk8. Who the hell would want to spend 18k on a flipping clio?

polarbert said:
Go over to the Renaultsport forum and you will find some muppets who have spent 18k on one. It really is such a daft price for the car. Fair enough it may be better than the 182, but 18k? The range of better cars for that money is rediculous. You could get a 330ci bmw, vx220 turbo as i said before, tvr griffith, jag xk8. Who the hell would want to spend 18k on a flipping clio?

Most people won't be paying 18k in a way, they'll have finance on 182's etc and they'll just swap and carrying on with their finance on the 197 and just keep upgrading...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Tyson-182 said:
Just get a Megane 225 Cup and pocket £5K!!!

What are Renault playing at?

Tyson.

Not paying dealer prices you won't, and that's all you can compare to in this thread is how much a delaer is selling for, until they start hitting the net brokers....

Elise/VX220/R26
you can get a megane from a dealer for 16.5k, that still makes the 197 prices look what they are - utterly ridiculous.