ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 alarm!!

BMW 125i
had to leave the 197 at the renault garage on friday as the alarm was going off every 40 seconds throughout thursday night!!! Not the first time this has happened either :( last time it was one of the sensors in the rear pillar had come lose!!! just wondering if anyone else has suffered with this problem???

RB 197 fatty
mine goes off everytime it rains or the wind blows.... just accepted it as a 'feature' that comes with the car!

...its b****cks anyway so it doesnt wake anyone up!!!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Cover the sensors inside and see if it still does it. Possible Air Freshener moving, spider even, or simply set too sensitive. Could be weak battery setting it off that's what I found mine to be after weeks of upsetting the neighbours.

BMW 125i
well after taking the 197 to portsmouth renault they had my car for 4 days and still didnt find any problem so charged me £45 for labour even though its under warranty but because they couldnt find a fault they slapped on the charges!!! even though its been to another renault garage in oxford where they found some loose wiring but didnt bother to charge me for it, so i cant quite understand why one garage will charge me but the other wont even tho its clear there is a problem with the alarm as its already been in for the same problem!!?? Anyways get a call from them the next day as i asked them to contact cobra the makers of the alarm and they want it back tomorrow for a few days to follow some steps from cobra!!! a bit annoying but hopefully they will sort it out this time, surely i should be able to recover the cost from the previous visit??? just shows oxford renault are alot more generous than portsmouth lol