ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 6 speed box into 172

clio 172
Help please has anyone ever done this conversion and is this possible if so what parts and work is needed . Hope someone can help really want to do it to mine

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Errr....the gearbox is probably the weakest part of a 197. Why would you want to put it into a 1*2.

For the money, better off putting a VAG 02M six speed box in, as a few off here have.

Why do you want to swap the gearbox out of interest?

clio 172
Well personally id like to see the difference in the ratio range and if the mpg range would change as do fair bit of driving and like to try to find out the plus + minus points

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mpg and 172 don't really belong in the same sentence together, unless you're having a whose car drinks the most fuel in the shortest distance competition.

172 Cup
Mpg and 172 don't really belong in the same sentence together, unless you're having a whose car drinks the most fuel in the shortest distance competition.
I hardly think a 170bhp hot hatch that can achieve an easy 35mpg in mixed driving can be described as "drinking the most fuel in the shortest distance"

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I use one tankful at a local track day. That gets me there and back and does 8 15min sessions. Not bad at all really. Saves messing around with poxy cans!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
My MPG comes at the cost of being able to play with much less of the field. I'd die of shock if I saw another standard car on road tyres at a track day these days.

Good job I'm only in it to improve my shitty driving skills and have a laugh.